My son has a young daughter Caitlin, and he asked me to build her a Dolls House.
A fairly simple project that I thought I could knock over one weekend.
Well its now into the third week and I am finding that attempting to recreate an existing house from 1:100 scale plans challenging to say the least.
I had heaps of 12mm MDF so I thought I would use that.
I made heaps of templates for the windows as every one appeared to have different dimensions.
The process I used was:
make the template, (took longer to make than the final window)
Mark out the outline
Drill jig saw holes
remove the bulk of material with a jig saw
Re-attach the template
Using a template router bit route the profile
then using the shaper round over the edges on the outside,and then on the inside route out a recess for the plastic windows.
I then made the veranda it took most of all day mostly due to glue drying.
-- Regards Robert