The the three parts of the Ute Box Lid were ready for glue up so I used the titebond III for the job, set them back into the Jig and clamped them up. It was a bit difficult trying to get everything in one shot so I took each end separately ...
|View robscastle's:||home||workshop||projects (99)||blog (184)||reviews (5)||forum topics (8)||buddies (16)||favorites (1)||activity log|
2461 posts in 1209 days
Location: Morningside QLD Australia
I dont have a workshop as such, just a few tools inside the home garage.
All my work is done in the driveway and on an outside work bench.
All the equipment I have is mobile, meaning it either has a rolling frame attached or I have put wheels on it, so I can roll it outside onto the drive way and around the garage.
Then at the end of the day (or if conditions turn nasty) everything is packed back up and stored round the car.
14 May 2012
-- Regards Robert
Latest Activity | view all »
Latest Projects | view all 99 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 184 »
I wanted to make a curved lid for my “Ute Box” so I spent most of the day perfecting a “Curved Vice/Clamp” jig to do the job, Backgound: The staved part of the lid has five sections joined by a loose tongue and groove a...
Once I had all the glue dry on the plugs in the two bench tops they were sawn off then sanded and stained.I used an oil based Cedar stain on them which was a Cabots product. Its interesting how the different photo positions and light ch...
Today saw the tops profiled and sanded, however when I blew all the dust off I found the nail hole filler decided they need to leave as well, So yet another step required when working with recycled timber is introduced. I plugged all the nai...
A question was raised regarding the reverse glue joints I used on Edna’s Kitchen Workbenches. To best address this question and the fact I had off cuts remaining I decided to add it as a blog. The reverse glue joint is exactly that...