Progress….yadahooty! Got the top on, the hole cut, the lift put in and the doors hung…this will be the last post until I put the finish on. I still have to put the second top on, the one that folds out and covers the open top, but I set it on top so you could see how it will look when it’s done…sort of. I still have about 10% left to do…and you know what they say about that… I didn’t run into any real problems except that the entire thing is not exactly square so I had a lot of fiddling with the doors to get them to look right. I still have a little work to do on the drawers to make myself a little happier, if I had it to do all again, I would change quite a bit. But I’m still learning so I decided to give myself a break and not beat myself up to much about this one. Hope you enjoy the pics.
This is the whole thing open, when it is finished, there will be two wings that open, the one on the right at a right angle and the one on the left will be parallel with the table top, the doors will hold them in position.
This is the lift I installed.
This is the sewing machine in the “sewing position”
This is a view of the hole with the lift. You are supposed to attach the sewing machine to it but I want to be able to take my machine out sometimes so I didn’t, it is perfectly stable without and you can lean into the lift to lower and raise it.
And finally….this is what it will look like when I’m not using it.
When I preview this the right side of all photos are cropped out, hoping that won’t be the case when I post it, sorry if it is.