If you go to the New Yankee Workshop website (www.newyankee.com) you can see an early episode of the show. The episode changes every week and they do not allow you to see the pervious episodes that were available so you have to go there each week to see the next offering. You can download and save.
I just watched episode 107 (the 7th one made). Some things have changed over the years. In this early episode I noted the following – -
- Norm uses a ShopSmith as his drill press.
- He does not have a mortising machine and he makes his mortises with the drill press and chisels.
- He never mentions the importance of safety.
- He does not have a dust collector hooked up to any machines (and he produces a lot shavings with his thickness planer).
- He uses the radial arm saw a lot – primarily with a dado blade.
- He uses a molder cutting head in his table saw
- He did not use a random orbital sander in a situation where I am sure he would use one today.
It’s interesting how things have changed in the last 20 years.
-- Rich, Cedar Rapids, IA - I'm a woodworker. I don't create beauty, I reveal it.