First – the good stuff.
TS Fence arrived
and I got some storage up near the bench
now for the stupid.
I was working on my bench this evening, excited because I was finally going to get to start getting it all together. Got the bottom glued to the legs and weighted down. We went to dinner and came back. I worked on getting the peg board hung up and the room tidied. Started looking at the next steps in the blog section I was on for the bench ( I have it printed out) and realized something. I had pieces that were glued and screwed on upside down.
On the long sides, the rabbets/holes should be facing upwards, and on the short ends the rabbets/holes should face downwards
obviously yours truly has it backwards. So I started by unscrewing everything and trying to carefully dismantle it. I will have to re-cut one long side, and redo the long dog hole pieces. I went to take it off and forgot it had a weak end so it shattered on me. :( practice makes perfect! and I can work from the piece
-- Beka/Becky - aspiring jill of all trades, still learning to not read the directions.