I’ll post pics later but I was able to rework a few of the stretcher pieces yesterday morning and got things squared up! Now, to determine the best way to screw the two together so I can get the dog holes bored out!
Ok, so I had a bit more time to work on this over the holiday weekend, even with my cousin visiting. I was able to get the dog holes bored out and it took me a bit but I finally figured out what Paul meant when he wrote about marking out the wagon vise.
I decided to leave the top together and move forward onto the legs since the weather was going to rapidly cool off. I also took the time to clean up and sweep out the majority of the sawdust I’d been accumulating. I swapped my work area and my table saw so I could see what I was working on better…not enough light but I’m not willing to waste another light in there when I’m not staying in that space. That being done, the next step to starting on the legs was to cut out the ‘rabbet’ in two boards for part of one of the vices. I decided to try it out on a piece of scrap since the process was to be the same as when we cut the rabbets out for the stretchers and I didn’t do so hot on that. This time around though, they came out pretty well decent! I was able to get them screwed together and to the point where Mr. P planes one edge to get them even. Unfortunately none of my planes are put together. I believe my #4 is sharpened but I’ll need take a look at it or possibly locate a sureform or something.
-- Beka/Becky - aspiring jill of all trades, still learning to not read the directions.