So, I went to glue up the long apron to the legs and realize my clamps were just barely too short – by about 1-2 inches. So, after some careful experimenting, I combined by 1ft and 3 ft clamps:
Overall the glue up went pretty easy after that. I think the table is going to end up looking really well.
Unfortunately, I realized the wood I had for the top just really wouldn’t work well and the only other suitable wood in the shop would require a six board top glue up…..which just doesn’t sound like fun to me.
So, its off to the lumber yard on Saturday. I’ll probably pick up some wide poplar and I should be able to do it in two or three boards.
-- Chris S., North Atlanta, GA - woodworker,DBA, cook, photographer