Save your back Pick up and reack tool

Review by htl posted 07-06-2017 06:58 PM 1640 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Save your back Pick up and reack tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have to do all my wood working sitting down and seem to be dropping things a lot lately so having to get out of my chair to pick things up is murder for me.
I was at Harbor Freight the other day and saw this $3 picker upper tool so thought I would try it out and man it works a charm!!!!!
It’s very lite not made to pick up big stuff but things like a pencil or my small model parts it’s a winner big time.
Have no idea how long it will last but the minute it dies I’ll be getting another one. For us older wood workers it’s a winner in my book!

View ward63's profile

ward63

#1 posted 07-07-2017 01:04 AM

This is great! I got mine a couple of years ago from the dollar store. There is also one that has a powerful magnet on the end for picking up metal items.
A real back saver.

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#2 posted 07-07-2017 03:04 AM

THIS IS the one I have
works GREAT for picking up sticks b4 cutting grass
expensive but super heavy duty can pick up bricks no problem :<))

-- Tony Reinholds,Pa. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

View jimintx's profile

jimintx

#3 posted 07-07-2017 03:38 PM

I use my cheap one often, but in my case it isn’t mostly for getting stuff off the ground. I use it to get stuff off of the higher shelving in my shop!

-- Jim, Houston, TX

View REL's profile

REL

#4 posted 07-08-2017 06:03 PM

Mine broke in less than a year; maybe less.

-- REL, North Jersey

#5 posted 07-08-2017 11:50 PM

Rel I didn’t figure it would last very long as light duty as it is but just today I used it probable 10 time to pick up my plans that my fan blow under a table and picked up parts that got pulled out of my hand while buffing so for me it’s great and for $3 how long does it need to last to pay for itself.

View crowie's profile

crowie

1991 posts in 1765 days

#6 posted 07-11-2017 11:47 AM

My wife often recommends them to assist her clients with mobility issues, in fact I had one for 3-4months are I broke my hip and had to have a full replacement….
The cheap ones are okay but don’t last for consistent and heavy use..

-- Lifes good, Enjoy each new day...... Cheers from "On Top DownUnder" Crowie

#7 posted 07-11-2017 01:30 PM

Since I’ve got mine I’ve used it at least 5 times while in the shop each day, and for me it’s the super small parts I need picked up so a win over here.

-- There's a hundred ways to do anything, alot depends on the tools at hand.

View robscastle's profile (online now)

robscastle

4384 posts in 2018 days

#8 posted 07-16-2017 01:01 AM

Hey I have got two of these! and also a folding one for picking the arbour nut out of my contractors saw when I drop it changing the blade.

Had them for years, yep the mech gives out every now and then but cheep as chips at budget item type stores

I even had one which had a fixed thumb and movable fingers with a steel bands inside. It was such a hit with the kids I think it wore out!! Never found a replacement again.

-- Regards Robert

#9 posted 07-20-2017 01:58 AM

Gr8 that one doe’s look like a winner and heavy duty should last a long time.

#10 posted 07-31-2017 03:19 AM

Still using this wonderful back helper and loving it!!! lol