Who's got two thumbs and loves to staple?

Review by gizmodyne posted 2363 days ago 3421 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Who's got two thumbs and loves to staple? Who's got two thumbs and loves to staple? No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This guy.

This stapler shoots 1/2” to 1 1/2” narrow crown staples.

Have you ever had to remove a freakin’ narrow crown staple. It is not coming out. Staples resist racking.

I use this for reinforcing cabinets and attaching their backs. Very strong.

Also it is awesome for building lattice. Brads and finish nails will pull out. Staples hold strong. (Use galvanized for outdoor.)

I would definitely buy another P.C. gun. No jams. No problemo.

4 stars because how exciting should a staple gun be?

Price: Around 90 U.S. from Amazon.

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

View Peter Oxley's profile

Peter Oxley

Thanks, John. A stapler is my next pneumatic purchase – I’ll have to give this one a look.

-- http://www.peteroxley.com -- http://north40studios.etsy.com --

I got a couple but they are harbor Freight, and haven’t had any problems.

good review.

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

Thanks Giz, I’ve been thinking about one of these and wondered how good they were. You have the Harbor Freight models Karson and like them? That will be the cheapest way to go for me – so I’m on my way to HF on Monday. Thanks guys.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Staples are indeed very useful. Thanks for writing the review.

View Moose's profile

Moose

I have the same gun and love it. I bought it for attaching cabinet backs in my kitchen (and other projects) and now find it and my PC BN200A to be the lightest and most reliable guns I’ve ever owned.

I’ve never had a misfire or jam with this stapler and it’s super easy to adjust and clear (not that I’ve needed to clear it). I bought it to replace a HF stapler when I found the NS150A on sale and had a pile of stapling to get through.

Highly recommended if you need a reliable stapler that will last.

-- Scott, Pickering/Ajax, ON

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

I kind of want a pin nailer too. I am interested in that bn200a. Been watching Norm build kitchen cabs this season using it for moldings.

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19313 posts in 2447 days

I have an electric stapler (Metabo) similar to yours Gizmo. It can be used as a brad gun as well. Very useful tool.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Al Killian's profile

Al Killian

I have one and love it. I have already run a couple hundred staple thru it and it is only a month old.

-- Owner of custom millwork shop

View Rob's profile

Rob

43 posts in 2030 days

#9 posted 2030 days ago

I also have one of these along with the brad and finish nailer in the set that came with a porter cable compressor from Ho-De for under $300. I’ve had great success using the stapler to finish a kitchen cabinet and this and all the porter cable guns have not misfired. I even shot a finish nail into a piece of hidden metal and it kicked and the soft rubber nose flew off, but the gun was totally unharmed and worked perfectly. Very impressed with this and with all of porter cable’s products so far.

View FlWoodRat's profile

FlWoodRat

#10 posted 2030 days ago

Hey Giz, was that a ‘two thumbs” up rating of the gun OR did you run staples through them? LOL.

-- I love the smell of sawdust in the morning....