Scroll Saw Comfort Knobs

Review by Triumph1 posted 06-21-2017 08:04 PM 2372 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Scroll Saw Comfort Knobs Scroll Saw Comfort Knobs No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up a set of these after reading Woodmaster1’s review of them. I also tracked down the YouTube video he spoke of. The seller of the comfort knobs is Marcus Bailey. Marcus is probably one of the nicest people I have emailed/spoke to. Very helpful and he sent the knobs out right away. I received them in three days. I have an Excalibur 21” scroll saw so the original knob design is a bit different than the DeWalt knobs. That being said it still only took about 20 minutes to get the Excalibur knobs modified, using a belt and spindle sander, so that I could slide them into them into the new comfort knobs. Now that they are inserted and the knobs reinstalled I got to try them out and all I can say is order a set now. It is now so much easier to tighten and loosen the blade knobs. They are pretty stylish also being a nice knurled aluminum. I see no difference in the smoothness of the machine while running (in case someone thinks the added mass would throw something off).

Now, if you don’t feel up to modifying the original Excalibur knobs you can also pick up a set of Dewalt knobs. They require less modification. I believe they will mount to the Excalibur.

I ordered (2) small knobs. They are 1” in diameter and more than adequate in tightening and loosening the blade knob. He does offer a large knob but was out of them at the time due to a supplier illness. The small knobs are $15 a piece plus $5 for shipping. A steal.

Send Marcus an email and talk to him about them…and ask about his intarsia! Tell him Jeff Baenen sent you and says hello.

email: scrollsawcomfortknob@gmail.com

And thank you Woodmaster1 for the original review!

-- Jeff , Wisconsin Please...can I stay in the basement a little longer, please!

View Triumph1's profile

Triumph1

View papadan's profile

papadan

#1 posted 06-21-2017 08:07 PM

Didn’t somebody just post a thread about scroll saw knobs?

View Triumph1's profile

Triumph1

#2 posted 06-21-2017 08:12 PM

Yes, Woodmaster1 did. I looked into them after reading his review and ended up ordering a set of my own.

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

#3 posted 06-22-2017 12:17 AM

This is a good idea. On my Excalibur 16 the bottom knob can end up vertical when changing blades and rap on the bottom of the table. Being round these would eliminate that.
Steve.

View Woodmaster1's profile

Woodmaster1

#4 posted 06-22-2017 03:10 AM

I am glad you found them as awesome as I did. It is always good to know you can help a fellow woodworker.