Woodworking Show Costa Mesa Ca.

Review by Ken90712 posted 1628 days ago 2512 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodworking Show Costa Mesa Ca. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well the Woodworking Show in Costa Mesa was nice! Ken and Pat, nice to meet you both! There was some great demonstrations and mini classes. I ended up spending four hundred w/o blinking an eye. My wife laughed when we got home and put all the stuff on the floor saying it’s like X-mas.

Most impressive thing at the show was Sommerfelds Tools, Wow is all I can say. Their router kits and jigs are some of the most well thought out items I have every witnessed in use. I will be buying their Cabinet Kit along with the Door Kits & Templates.
I found Final Saw Cut very interesting with great results. ( had to get one ) Carter bearing upgrades for your Band-saw were extremely impressive. While what I witnessed really worked well, I felt it was on the pricey side. Being I just got my band saw put together from Grizzly Thurs, it was a little early to buy the bearing upgrade @ $250.00.

I heard this show was on the small side but my wife and I spent 5 hrs at the show. It was a great day and I was smiles all day might even go back tomorrow.

Ken

109219 posts in 2076 days

Thanks for the report Ken

Glad that the show was productive. ANd glad that you found some WW buddies./

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

Glad every one had had a great time. It’s easy to drop a few hundredf there in the blink of an eye alright! At least that’s what happened when they were in Seattle :-))

View ShawnH's profile

ShawnH

I was at the one in Seattle this last April or when ever it was. Lots of money exchanged for toys. They are going to be in Portland this next weekend and I might make the road trip for the day. Anyone else from the Oregon area going?

-- ShawnH "In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

Scottishrose is trying to get a group together on another post about Portland. I’m not going, but here will be another show in Puyallup, WA the weekend after that.