The Woodpeckers Mini Square is great and FREE SHIPPING doesn't last long!

Review by John Gray posted 1766 days ago 3364 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Woodpeckers Mini Square is great and FREE SHIPPING doesn't last long! The Woodpeckers Mini Square is great and FREE SHIPPING doesn't last long! The Woodpeckers Mini Square is great and FREE SHIPPING doesn't last long! Click the pictures to enlarge them

When I was at the Lie-Nielsen get together at Indianapolis on the 17th of October 2009 Chris Schwarz was using this little square to check plane blade edges for square. I thought the Mini Square was neat so last week when I got an email saying Woodpeckers had free shipping until Thursday the 29th I ordered one I received it today. I used it to square up the table with the blade on my bandsaw and true up the blade on my table saw it works great. It comes in a neat little storage box that’s shown in the 3rd picture.
If you might be interested in one go to http://www.woodpeck.com/minisquare.html and the CODE FOR FREE SHIPPING ” FREESHIP”. Just remember free shipping is only until THIS Thursday the 29th.
Quote from Woodpeckers web site: “You can use any square for checking a chisel, but they’re usually too long to clear the handle, not wide enough to make it easy to align to the edge and generally poorly designed for the job. That’s why we came up with the Woodpecker Mini Square. At 1-1/8×2, inside dimension, it is absolutely perfect for checking the edge of your cutting tools for square. Light weight, easy to grip and machined from aluminum so it can’t chip your tools. The dark red anodized finish makes it easy to detect any gaps. Fits in your pocket or its own custom fitted tray. Made in USA.

Guaranteed Accuracy. We’re so confident that our Precision Aluminum Squares are the best, most accurate square you’ll own, we cover them by a Lifetime Guarantee to stay square to within a minimum of .001” or we’ll replace it. If for any reason, your square isn’t, simply return it to us for immediate repair or replacement.”

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

John, this is a good review. This looks like a good tool to add.

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

Thanks John, in my next on-line buying binge I am going to get one.

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

View sidestepmcgee's profile

sidestepmcgee

made in the usa ,shoot that’s all you had to say.I’m starting to really go all amercan, if its to much I just hold off until I can afford it.thanks

-- eric post, tallahassee FL

View Russ's profile

Russ

Unfortunately it is not free to alaska. $23 for this little puppy but i complain to all these companies and only shop at the ones with fair shipping.

-- Happiness is being covered in sawdust

Russ , are you saying $23 for the tool plus another $23 for shipping to Alaska ?
I got a complete set of GROZ machinists squares from Woodcraft a couple of years ago and they certainly are accurate for the money and included a wooden case when they were on sale …

112015 posts in 2210 days

Thanks for the review John

View Russ's profile

Russ

Rockler is the best for shipping to alaska and hartville tool is also fair. shipping for the same things from woodcraft were almost triple what rockler wanted.

-- Happiness is being covered in sawdust

View briankb's profile

briankb

my first woodpecker tool arrived today, a 12” t-square and it is a beautiful piece! does anyone know what material they are using for the wooden tool case? it looks like MDF but seems a little more dense almost like sign material. I have a CNC machine and would like to make other cases from the same material for some of my other precision measuring devices that are not from woodpecker.

-- Learn, Think, Do!