Fast, simple, adjustable shelving for the shop

Review by Daniel Dugan posted 1638 days ago 2208 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fast, simple, adjustable shelving for the shop No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was considering building/installing 2×4 sandwiched in 1×4 shelving for wood storage (featured in FWW #181) when I encountered this system on Lee Valley website. Time is precious to me and I would rather build furniture than wood racks, so I decided I would give this a try. I ordered the 4’ standards, fast mount brackets and the connectors as well as 10” and 14” shelf brackets.

I installed three eight foot sections tonight in about an hour. The fast mount brackets are easy to place on a level line and the standards are easy to hang plumb. The good news is that once those two measures were accomplished, my shelf brackets lined up level across the standards. Once a bracket is placed, it locks in, and pulling down, it is solid – like it was welded there. Pushing up, the bracket pops right out for easy adjustment.

The hardware is great quality and can hold plenty of weight (detailed at LV website). Lee Valley (as always) did a great job packing my order and shipped it expeditiously. I am really happy with this shelving system. I installed on every other stud (32” centers). The system can be suspended from a top plate connection only. My ceiling is 10 feet, and I did not need storage so high. Anyway, I encourage you to check it out if you are in the market for a wood rack.

-- -Daniel. "To be, rather than to seem" (not my words, but I like them)

View Daniel Dugan's profile

Daniel Dugan

109273 posts in 2078 days

Super review

View VanessaG's profile

VanessaG

Very helpful, thanks a lot Daniel!

This is a nice review. Thanks for posting it, Daniel.