Glue Line Rip !

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 10-20-2009 02:16 AM 4652 views 3 times favorited 30 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Glue Line Rip ! Glue Line Rip ! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

When Freud claims that this blade will give you flawless rips and glue joints, they are not boasting.
I purchased this blade few months back but never got around using it until this week when I got tired cleaning the mess my jointer was making.
Long story short, this put my jointer to shame. The cut is so smooth; you may have to scuff it up a bit before gluing.
Well, I’m not the least bit surprised, Freud makes some of the longest lasting and sharpest router bits and saw blades around. it’s 30T, 12 Hook and with 1/8” Full Kerf.
Enough said.

#1 posted 10-20-2009 02:24 AM

Sounds like a good blade.

#2 posted 10-20-2009 03:50 AM

very good hard to believe it works that well.

#3 posted 10-20-2009 05:52 AM

I was a skeptic also until I used this blade.
Unfortunately pictures can’t capture the smoothness. You just have to see and feel the cut to believe it.
Let me put it another way, If I had used this saw blade two months ago, Most likely, I would not have purchased a jointer and would have opted for a planer instead.
Jointers have their place but if someone were to buy a jointer just for glue up boards, I would recommend they give this blade a try first.

5387 posts in 1984 days

#4 posted 10-20-2009 06:37 AM

Considering how well their 40T Diablo blades work, I am not at all surprised that their higher end blades work so well…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

#5 posted 10-20-2009 01:01 PM

Thanks for sharing.
I’m searching on-line store in UK that has this blade, but so far cannot find one.

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View bern92's profile

bern92

#6 posted 10-20-2009 03:47 PM

I’ve got the same blade and i love it. Work like they said.

View SEE's profile

SEE

119 posts in 1920 days

#7 posted 10-20-2009 11:07 PM

I have a couple of their thin kerf blades. Both give me the same glue line rip as well as super smooth cross cuts. I’m a believer, now!

Next, I want to try some of their quadra cut router bits.

-- Build for the joy of it!

View closetguy's profile

closetguy

#8 posted 10-21-2009 03:22 AM

I only use Freud blades and the glue line rip is one of the finest ripping blades I have ever used.

-- I don't make mistakes, only design changes....www.dgmwoodworks.com

View patron's profile (online now)

patron

13182 posts in 2094 days

#9 posted 10-21-2009 03:29 AM

it sounds like a great blade .

however , nothing beats flattening and straightening rough lumber like a jointer ,
and nothing makes thickness like a planer !

View Peter Oxley's profile

Peter Oxley

#10 posted 10-21-2009 04:21 AM

I just about wore out my current blade, I think maybe it can be sharpened one more time. The new one came today. I’ve spent a lot more on a rip blade, but never had one that I liked better.

-- http://www.peteroxley.com -- http://north40studios.etsy.com --

View longboarder's profile

longboarder

29 posts in 2018 days

#11 posted 10-21-2009 04:55 AM

where are these blades available to purchase and how much are they? Thanks

View bigike's profile

bigike

4035 posts in 2041 days

#12 posted 10-21-2009 05:10 AM

what store did u get it from? also is it a flat bottom cut cuz im looking for a blade just like that and i was gonna go with the forest but found the freud to be cheaper.

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5277 posts in 2061 days

#13 posted 10-21-2009 05:24 AM

This is An excellent blade! Just had mine resharpened and it sure lasted a long time in between its last sharpening.

-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpiece… because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work

#14 posted 10-22-2009 01:02 AM

Never been disappointed with Freud but always amazed.

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

#15 posted 10-22-2009 01:15 AM

I use this blade all of the time and have equally pleasing results.

I have it on my tablesaw right now and it is the one that sees the most use.

That also means that I have two of them because when one is being sharpened I put the other one on.

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com