Jet Parallel Clamp

Review by alaskan79 posted 1783 days ago 2218 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jet Parallel Clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got a pair of 12” clamps last winter and they are really nice. I was using pipe clamps and was having trouble with my glue ups not staying flush. I was getting a lot of cup and would have to clamp some 2 X 2 on each end to stop it from happening. I got these clamps and now I don’t have that problem. About a month ago I got a pair of 31” because the 12” where a little short for some of my glue ups. I really like them also. Really easy to move the movable jaw on the bar. Right now I am making some cutting boards and they are in the clamps. You can put a lot of pressure on the clamps and I have used both hands to tighting them up and have had no trouble with them cupping the glue up. I read a review from wood mag. and these where their top pick so that is why I got them.

-- alaskan79, Michigan

View alaskan79's profile

alaskan79

74 posts in 1988 days

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

These are what I own, great clamps!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

112018 posts in 2211 days

Thanks for the review

View Bovine's profile

Bovine

114 posts in 1962 days

Thanks for the review. I own several of them…now I won’t buy anything else.

-- Kansas City, KS "Nothing is as permanent as a temporary solution"

View Innovator's profile

Innovator

3584 posts in 2048 days

I’ve got a few of these also and they work quite well.

Thanks

-- Whether You Think You Can or You Think You Can't, YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile (online now)

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

5020 posts in 1943 days

I have an excessive number of clamps by different manufacturers and I find the Jet K style clamps to be the absolute best. I prefer them over all others.

View degoose's profile

degoose

6996 posts in 1989 days

I have 4 of the 24” and 2 of the 50” Just love them and I go a set of cross docs too.
Dearer than pipe or sash clamps but way better.

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

Agreed!

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View woodbutcher's profile

woodbutcher

I’ve got several in different lengths as well with cross docks and legs as well. Mine are no longer made and were closed out about a year or two ago, I was told that the newer ones basically just weighed less. I’m very happy with them. They do weigh quite a bit is the only thing.

-- woodbutcher north carolina

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

I got the cabinet set (4 clamps, blocks and dogs) on Amazon last winter and they’re working great. Watch there for price drops.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!