Jet Parallel Clamp

Review by alaskan79 posted 10-12-2009 12:28 AM 2267 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jet Parallel Clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got a pair of 12” clamps last winter and they are really nice. I was using pipe clamps and was having trouble with my glue ups not staying flush. I was getting a lot of cup and would have to clamp some 2 X 2 on each end to stop it from happening. I got these clamps and now I don’t have that problem. About a month ago I got a pair of 31” because the 12” where a little short for some of my glue ups. I really like them also. Really easy to move the movable jaw on the bar. Right now I am making some cutting boards and they are in the clamps. You can put a lot of pressure on the clamps and I have used both hands to tighting them up and have had no trouble with them cupping the glue up. I read a review from wood mag. and these where their top pick so that is why I got them.

-- alaskan79, Michigan

View alaskan79's profile

alaskan79

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

#1 posted 10-12-2009 12:31 AM

These are what I own, great clamps!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

#2 posted 10-12-2009 12:38 AM

Thanks for the review

View Bovine's profile

Bovine

114 posts in 2079 days

#3 posted 10-12-2009 04:22 AM

Thanks for the review. I own several of them…now I won’t buy anything else.

-- Kansas City, KS "Nothing is as permanent as a temporary solution"

View Innovator's profile

Innovator

#4 posted 10-12-2009 06:32 AM

I’ve got a few of these also and they work quite well.

Thanks

-- Whether You Think You Can or You Think You Can't, YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5273 posts in 2060 days

#5 posted 10-12-2009 07:26 AM

I have an excessive number of clamps by different manufacturers and I find the Jet K style clamps to be the absolute best. I prefer them over all others.

-- Each step of every Wood Art project I design and build is considered my masterpieceā€¦ because I want the finished product to reflect the quality and creativeness of my work

View degoose's profile

degoose

#6 posted 10-12-2009 12:15 PM

I have 4 of the 24” and 2 of the 50” Just love them and I go a set of cross docs too.
Dearer than pipe or sash clamps but way better.

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

#7 posted 10-12-2009 03:18 PM

Agreed!

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View woodbutcher's profile

woodbutcher

#8 posted 10-13-2009 02:27 AM

I’ve got several in different lengths as well with cross docks and legs as well. Mine are no longer made and were closed out about a year or two ago, I was told that the newer ones basically just weighed less. I’m very happy with them. They do weigh quite a bit is the only thing.

-- woodbutcher north carolina

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

523 posts in 1931 days

#9 posted 10-13-2009 02:56 AM

I got the cabinet set (4 clamps, blocks and dogs) on Amazon last winter and they’re working great. Watch there for price drops.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!