Grizzly Warehouse Bellingham Washington

Review by ralbuck posted 03-28-2017 10:18 PM 2859 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly Warehouse  Bellingham Washington Grizzly Warehouse  Bellingham Washington Grizzly Warehouse  Bellingham Washington Click the pictures to enlarge them

Man what a store!

Kid in the candy store is the only apt description.

Super friendly help and just a wonderful experience.

Worth a special trip if you are looking for tools and even reasonably close. I will be going back too.

-- Wood rescue is good for the environment and me! just rjR

View ralbuck's profile

ralbuck

View crowie's profile

crowie

2431 posts in 1946 days

#1 posted 03-28-2017 11:28 PM

You folk in the USA & Canada are so spoilt for choice when it comes to hardware, tool and machinery stores….
And you pay 40 to 60% less for the goodies than we do in Australia…

-- Lifes good, Enjoy each new day...... Cheers from "On Top DownUnder" Crowie

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#2 posted 03-28-2017 11:35 PM

I envy you Ralbuck ….wait for the tent sale ….im surprised they let you take pictures …..VERY NICE :<))

-- Tony Reinholds,Pa. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

View SirTim's profile

SirTim

#3 posted 03-29-2017 12:32 AM

Been there many times. The staff there pressed bearings on my byrd head for free! They take their time when helping you, no rush. Didn’t get mad at me when I drooled on the bandsaws…

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

#4 posted 03-29-2017 01:29 AM

Makes me envious.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View SouthavenToyMaker's profile

SouthavenToyMaker

#5 posted 03-29-2017 02:44 AM

Love me some Grizzly, just ordered a band saw blade from them today. Went to the Tent Sale last year in MO. gate opened at 08:00 line started at 01:00, and by 08:00 was around the building. I was about the 50th person back. Scored a G0555LANV Bandsaw for $200.00 only had a scratch, scored a G0771 for $250.0, was only missing an $11.00 switch. They also had Dewalt there and other vendors with discounted offers. was well worth the drive to me from Mississippi.

-- Sean

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

7382 posts in 2039 days

#6 posted 03-29-2017 03:29 AM

I would love to have one near me. Giving a hands on inspection of tools is the only way to buy.
Did you get any cotton candy?

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View bushmaster's profile

bushmaster

#7 posted 03-29-2017 01:15 PM

Too mind boggling, I go there when in the area, look around, pick up a catalog and leave with money in my pocket. They do ship to Canada but shipping is expensive. They are putting Grizzly machines in the school here now.

-- Brian - Hazelton, British Columbia

View vind's profile

vind

#8 posted 03-29-2017 03:40 PM

Big boy/girl toys as far as the eye can see! Left some drool on a 8” jointer! The CAN$/US$ exchange rate ended that dream.

- bushmaster

-- a dull chisel is just a fancy screwdriver

View B4B's profile

B4B

#9 posted 03-29-2017 06:56 PM

I’ve been wanting to get up there. . it’s about a 2 hour drive north from where I am, so I’d have to make an afternoon of it.

-- There's two routers in my vocab, one that moves data and one that removes wood, the latter being more relevant on this forum.

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#10 posted 03-29-2017 08:02 PM

And you pay 40 to 60% less for the goodies than we do in Australia…

- crowie

We make up for it in healthcare costs :) . But it is really nice having nearly every tool and material easily available.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View jbay's profile

jbay

#11 posted 03-30-2017 01:27 AM

I would love to have a Grizzly store close to me.
Looking at their 12”, 5hp saw now.

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

2751 posts in 2021 days

#12 posted 03-31-2017 01:33 AM

I live about 4 miles from the Grizzly store, and you are right—it is a treat to visit the show room. I remember when they started here, about 1984, I think (could be wrong). At that time, I remember them having only the 15” planer, a 6” jointer, and a drill press, I think. Maybe a TS too. The 1023 was their first cabinet saw, although they may have had their contractor’s saw around that time too. The 1023 was a clone of the Unisaw.

I eventually bought the 15” planer, and later some other tools, though my shop is by no means exclusively Grizzly.

I know several of the show room guys, and they are all really helpful. I bought a 13” Rockwell/Invicta planer off CL, at a really good price because the drive roller chain had broken, and shattered the gear cover. The cover was no big deal to weld up, but I couldn’t find the right chain, as it was metric. Finally took a sprocket into Grizzly, and one of the guys pulled the gear cover off so we could check my sprocket against their chain. Sure enough, it fit, so I was back in business.

Another time, I had bought a Grizzly 1.5 hp shaper off CL, but it didn’t come with a manual. I needed the manual because I needed to switch over from 120v. to 240 v operation, which was by no means something I could do without guidance. So “Smitty” went back into the office and printed a copy of the manual for me. No charge.

View Hacksaw007's profile

Hacksaw007

#13 posted 04-02-2017 06:41 AM

Don’t get to used to it. We loved our world’s largest Grizzly store in Williamsport, but when the tax breaks left so did Grizzly. I miss it but also don’t like what they did by closing, and to their employees. Sad

-- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

View OggieOglethorpe's profile

OggieOglethorpe

#14 posted 04-06-2017 06:31 PM

That’s why they left? That really stinks.

I flew my little airplane from CT to Williamsport to visit that showroom a few times. I often thought the large non-public warehouse almost collocated with the showroom and shopping mall a bit strange, but it seemed to work.

I’m not sure I would buy any machine, regardless of brand, sight unseen, so it was always an interesting trip.

A few of the machines were truly great bargains compared to competitors, but I was not impressed in-person with several that had great internet followings. What impressed me most was Grizz’s ability to offer a tool line that often offered a version sightly better than Harbor Freight, to a true-production level machine, and everything in-between. They have a unique way of hitting every price point in certain types of machine, to match nearly any budget or expectation.

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#15 posted 04-06-2017 06:56 PM

yes I totally screwed up there…...... only being about 2 1/2 hours from there.:<))

-- Tony Reinholds,Pa. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN