Works for me.

Review by 67flh posted 03-26-2017 10:13 PM 2495 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Works for me. Works for me. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Recently got this sander from Grizzly, I realize that it is a sander that has various brand names attached to it so shop around and get your best deal. Prior to this I was using my drill press with different sized drums, there is no comparison between the two. Like anything you can spend as much or as little as you wish. This model more than meets my needs. I built a stand on wheels to move it around on and put a large drawer to hold all my sanding drums etc. etc. The sander came with 80 Grit sleeves I purchased 120-150 and 220 grit from a Company called Supergrit out of Gettysburg, PA. You will also need one of those big erasers for keeping the sleeves clean. Needless to say I am more than happy with my sander. There are no shortage of sanders to choose from so do your homework and get the one that best fits your needs.

-- Brad

View 67flh's profile

67flh

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#1 posted 03-27-2017 09:39 PM

Nice stand with drawers – organization matters.

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#2 posted 03-27-2017 10:23 PM

I bought the Wen version and am happy with so far.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#3 posted 03-29-2017 08:13 PM

I have the HF version of that sander before they started building cheaper ones (then woodcraft and grizzly bought the design for the original). It works perfectly, even many years later under lots of use. I’ve used the supergrit replacement sleeves as well and they’re great. I really like your stand for all of it.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

#4 posted 03-30-2017 06:26 PM

Although I don’t have this unit, I will concur STRONGLY with you that there is NO comparison vs. drums on a drill press. The OSS is a very nice tool!

-- Without the wood, it's just working

View JRsgarage's profile

JRsgarage

#5 posted 04-02-2017 01:08 PM

i’ve used the same unit for few years without issue. they are kinda light so bolting down will help. also, excellent dust collection…sometimes suction so strong, hard to move pieces.

-- Two is One, One is None

View RTV's profile

RTV

#6 posted 04-06-2017 08:48 PM

I bought a spindle sander from Grizzly few years back with a little larger table and storage for the Sanding Drums. I love it. My wife, a few days ago, decided to try using it now it’s one of her favorite tools.

-- Ray Vanderpool

View PPK's profile

PPK

#7 posted 04-20-2017 06:51 PM

i’ve got this one, under the Performax brand name. Exact same unit, though…
Mine works well, but it overheats at the point of the brushes, and loses speed and power after a few minutes of running.
I have to let it cool down and then it rins fine again. Otherwise, great tool!

-- Pete