Mule Cabinetmaker M-21 Miter Gauge Fence

Review by jeffreythree posted 1799 days ago 3329 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Mule Cabinetmaker M-21 Miter Gauge Fence Mule Cabinetmaker M-21 Miter Gauge Fence Mule Cabinetmaker M-21 Miter Gauge Fence Click the pictures to enlarge them

I needed a miter gauge fence and decided to order this one with the rip fence I ordered. It looked to be well made and better than any wood add-on I made. I was disappointed when it came in with no packing material, and, sure enough, one of the plastic knobs was busted into 3 pieces. The first pick shows everything that was in the box(except for a little instruction sheet). Today I took apart my trusty old Delta miter guage to drill some holes to mount the fence(it appears to fit more modern miter gauges with no drilling). After some careful measuring, it bolted right onto the T-slot in back. It moves easily to the left and right, and I could switch it for use in either slot in about a 30 seconds. There is a T-slot on the top for additonal jigs, and the end telescopes out to a lot farther than my tablesaw needs. The telescoping also switches side when you need to switch sides of the blade. There is a handy little aluminum stop that rides in the top T-slot for consistent repeat cuts, and that was the little knob that is busted but still useable. Finish of the aluminum parts is bery good, fit of the extension is decent, and the extensions steel tube has some surface rust I need to take care of. Overall, I am satisfied with what I received and it looks like it will come in handy.

-- My Etsy store: http://jtcwoodcrafts.etsy.com

View jeffreythree's profile

jeffreythree

1 comment so far

View Bitmugger's profile

Bitmugger

I was really tempted to order one of these but I have an Incra V120 mitre gauge right now with just a piece of maple on it. I plan to route a grove and install a short piece of T-Slot in it so I can adjust the maple piece better, I wasn’t sure if it would be worth my money to upgrade to a fancier unit.