ER Router Collets. Beautifully machined and designed

Review by zzzzdoc posted 03-09-2017 05:35 PM 922 views 2 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
ER Router Collets.  Beautifully machined and designed ER Router Collets.  Beautifully machined and designed ER Router Collets.  Beautifully machined and designed Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m amazingly impressed by these router collets that I just purchased as replacements for the stock collets on my Porter Cable 7518 router.

I wanted to step up the precision of my setup, as the stock Porter Cable collets had more runout than I desired. So after hearing about these ER collets sold by Precisebits.com, I purchased ones in 1/4” and 1/2” size.

I’m not sure how little runout these collets have. I can’t measure anything that small. I find none going down to 0.001.

The machining and design of these really is impressive. I almost hesitated to use them, as they looked so amazing out of the box.

Highly recommended. They make them for a number of different routers, but I just purchased them for my big 3-1/4 HP beast.

-- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

#1 posted 03-09-2017 05:40 PM

Oh, forgot to mention. They require a special talon spanner wrench which is included, as well as some Colletcare cleaner. They came overly protected for transport, and heavily oiled.

I got the ones that are guaranteed to be <0><0>t fathom dimensions that small. Price for those, obviously, is more.

View dschlic1's profile

dschlic1

#2 posted 03-09-2017 06:46 PM

How much run out did your Porter Cable collets have?

#3 posted 03-09-2017 08:01 PM

Didn’t get an exact number on the runout, but it was a lot. Several hundredths.

Just saw that my post above has a typo. The guaranteed runout tolerance on the one I purchased is 0.0004.

#4 posted 03-11-2017 03:39 PM

Interesting Thx for sharing.