Fantastic clamps that do a lot more than just clamp

Review by Putttn posted 03-08-2017 01:27 AM 2442 views 2 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fantastic clamps that do a lot more than just clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought these last year and have had good success with these. They grip better than any other clamps that have this type of hand pull. I used their spreading feature on a bench I put together this weekend and it was so easy making small changes in height. Very easy to dial in to exact dimensions and very well built. Built in the USA with a lifetime guaranty. I have no affiliation but I do know I’m going to order another set.
They also are rated at 300 lbs lifting. I debated long and hard about these clamps because they looked like all the other clamps I have. Once I opened the box I knew right away they were different and I made the right choice. Built like a tank and built in Montana..they gotta be tough.
There’s some videos on their different uses. I have a Supermax sander that needs to be lifted and it weighs 287 lbs so once I figure out how to get some kind of sling set up for lifting it I’ll send some more pictures.

View becikeja's profile

becikeja

#1 posted 03-08-2017 12:22 PM

I have never seen a clamp like this, Very interesting, I can think of a thousand uses.
Thanks for sharing.

-- Don't outsmart your common sense

#2 posted 03-08-2017 01:52 PM

A couple of other applications. You can spread using the jaws from some pretty tight tolerances.

View rustynails's profile

rustynails

#3 posted 03-08-2017 05:28 PM

I have had a set of these clamps for a few years now and agree they are a great clamps. At one point the U.S. Army was using them in the feild if my mind servers me right.

#4 posted 03-08-2017 06:22 PM

Have you found very many applications/configurations for these?

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#5 posted 03-08-2017 06:28 PM

These do look very interesting. I’ve never heard of these. How much do they cost?

helluvawreck aka Charles

#6 posted 03-08-2017 06:30 PM

$125 For the set with the jaws and feet for two. I think they ship for free also

#7 posted 03-09-2017 03:06 AM

I played around with a fast and easy setup using these clamps. The strength of these clamps is amazing and these boards are not moving.

#8 posted 03-09-2017 04:07 AM

Interesting looking clamps. Might want some of those. $125 for the clamps in the your post? What size are they?

View rustynails's profile

rustynails

#9 posted 03-09-2017 12:15 PM

#10 posted 03-09-2017 01:46 PM

Not sure how to answer what size they are because they can adjust to about any size. They are fairly large in the clamp section and very robust.
There are a number of videos on their use.
I have a Festool MFT table and as the picture shows they work well in that application.

#11 posted 03-11-2017 08:18 AM

The size of a clamp is generally considered it’s maximum distance clamping capacity. ie, a 36” clamp can be used to clamp anything from 0-36” in length. The clamps you have pictured appear to be 12”or 24”, hard to tell.

I do like the two bar design.

#12 posted 03-11-2017 12:36 PM

According to their site 32” wide down to 1/4”. The 32” must be the spreading capability. 13” looks like the clamping ability.

#13 posted 03-11-2017 06:58 PM

Thanks Bill. They are some unique clamps compared to the typical designs found. For me they would be a once in a while specialty tool that I could probably make do without, given the price vs incentive to conceive another method using what I already have.