Top Saver works as advertised

Review by Bothus posted 09-26-2009 07:27 PM 3541 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Top Saver works as advertised No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is an excerpt from my blog posting about restoring my Unisaw. I thought it worked as a review.

You can read the original/view the original post HERE.

I would have given the product 5 stars except that while it worked much better than I expected in reality it is only as good as the amount of elbow grease you use with it.

Enjoy!

Where da hail did you get those glasses? You look like yo Aint Bea in Shreveport.

Scrubbing away.

Top Saver first pass

Top Saver 3

Honey!

Top Saver summary

-- Jerry Boshear, Professional Kitchen Designer, amature woodworker.

View Bothus's profile

Bothus

428 posts in 1929 days

View mtnwild's profile

mtnwild

#1 posted 09-26-2009 08:56 PM

I’m right with you on this product. I use it on rusty knives and my table surfaces. Will not stain handle material on the knives and does not build up. Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- mtnwild (Jack), It's not what you see, it's how you see it.

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

4806 posts in 1926 days

#2 posted 09-26-2009 08:57 PM

Your stuff just cracks me up!

Now … I know ab-so-lute-ly nothing about this, but …. can you (anybody) just use [whatever grade of] steel wool OR a Scotchbrite pad, and … WD-40??

In other words, is this product /really/ any better than what my gut would tell me I should consider using?

Maybe you can try an experiment on your Craftsman, using Top Saver on half the top and WD-40 on the other half??

Just curious.

Also, a few cut-up carrots (or other veggies) would have made a HUGE difference in your soup ;-)

-- -- Neil

View Bothus's profile

Bothus

428 posts in 1929 days

#3 posted 09-27-2009 04:51 AM

Thanks to all for confirming my findings. I will wax it too.

NBeener:

CARROTS???! That’s what was missing. No wonder the little woman didn’t have seconds.

I’ll think about experimenting with the Craftsman top as you suggested.

;;
J

-- Jerry Boshear, Professional Kitchen Designer, amature woodworker.

View blockhead's profile

blockhead

1457 posts in 2061 days

#4 posted 10-01-2009 09:56 PM

I’ve also used the Top Saver and love it! TIP: I sprayed the surface with TS and put a 60 grit pad on my orbital sander and used that on a large piece of Scotchbrite pad to clean the surface and it worked great. It took all of the yuck off the table top. Note: DO NOT use the hooked pad of the sander directly on the Scothbrite pad. I did that once and it broke off all of the hooks on the sander pad and it wouldn’t hold sanding discs after that and had to replace the disc. I should’ve known better, hindsight is 20/20.
Great review Bothus!

-- Brad, Oregon- The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.