igaging Router lift

Review by woodsmithshop posted 09-26-2009 07:13 PM 3576 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
igaging Router lift igaging Router lift igaging Router lift Click the pictures to enlarge them

just purchased and installed the igaging MAGNETIC REMOTE DIGITAL ROUTERLIFT, bought this from Eagle America, it was about $20 cheaper than the Wixey, can’t say it is better, I have not tried the Wixey, but thought I would try this one.
the installation instructions were not the best I have seen, but after studying them it was easy enough to figure out, the worst part was having to drill and tap holes in my Jessem router lift so it could be mounted, I broke one tap, so I had to move the placement, there is limited space for this, fortunately the 2nd try was successful.
the Remote reads out in mm or inches, the inch readout can be set to display 1/32”, 1/64” or 1/128”, it works just fine, but I will have to remember to crank the lift up for the final setting, as there is some slop in my lift. I am going to keep a notebook next to the router table so I can record all of the settings for each bit. I think this will become a good addition to my shop.
only giving this 4 stars until I use it more and learn more about it.

-- Smitty!!!