Makita LS1013 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter

Review by dataman posted 2365 days ago 8154 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makita LS1013 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Makita LS1013 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Technical Details
10-inch dual bevel sliding compound miter saw kit with laser; 15 amp motor
Cuts 52 degrees right and 45 degrees left with 9 positive stops at 15, 22-1/2, 30, 45 degrees left or right and 0 degrees
Machined aluminum base; dual steel rails; carbide tip blade
Includes saw, vertical vise, blade, wrench, triangular rule, 2 extension wings
29-1/8 by 20-1/2 by 25-1/4 inches; 48-1/2 pounds; 1-year warranty

The saw carriage slides on two precision-ground steel rails that are fitted with ball bearing guides. The result is a vibration-free smooth-rolling saw that produces precise, consistent cuts, even at the outer limits of the slide mechanism. By the way, this 49-pound tool can crosscut a 2-by-12 and bevel-cut boards up to 3-5/8 inch thick. The LS1013 has a 3,700-rpm direct-drive motor that transfers cutting power to the blade much more efficiently than typical belt-driven saws.

The saw comes with a dust-collection bag, hold-down vise, two extension wings, 70-tooth carbide-tipped saw blade and blade wrench. This versatile saw can handle a wide range of carpentry jobs from house framing and deck building to cabinetmaking and interior trim work.

I really enjoy this saw! I have mounted it on its own box that includes rollers in the back so I can pick up the front end and move it around like a wheel barrel so I am not limited to where I can use it. If it’s a nice day out I will pull it out onto the driveway apron and enjoy the sunshine! (Sorry for all the junk in the picture!)

View dataman's profile

dataman

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

Nice review. I like the stand you built for your saw, I am in the process of building shop cabinets for my shop – I will add some version of this for my shop.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View Chris Davis's profile

Chris Davis

Thanks for the review. I plan on replacing my redial arm saw with a sliding compound miter saw. I do use a regular compound saw from Dewalt, but since it is not sliding the reach is not enough.

-- Watch live video from our shop. http://wwbeds.com/live.htm

View Sheepman's profile

Sheepman

25 posts in 2097 days

#3 posted 2097 days ago

I have the Makita and the biggest complaint I have is switching the laser from the left to the right side of the cut. You have to realign it each time. The hitachi is just flip the switch and go, dead on every time.

-- Carpenters make some of the finest firewood there is !