Infinity Shipping Issue

Review by TomSanDiego posted 01-31-2017 07:09 PM 2489 views 1 time favorited 38 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Infinity Shipping Issue No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I needed to replace the blades on my DeWalt 735 and my Powermatic 8 inch jointer. I did some research and most folks talked about the Infinity blades. So, I ordered them on December 31, 2016. They emailed back and said they would email me again when the blades shipped. Two weeks later, no email on the shipment. I emailed them and got no response. I called and got a machine. It took over three weeks to get my blades. In a day when vendors like Amazon get you items the next day, three weeks to get things you order is unacceptable. I like the blades, but they need to work on customer care. Thanks

View TomSanDiego's profile

TomSanDiego

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

#1 posted 01-31-2017 09:35 PM

Why did you give them 5 stars then?

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

#2 posted 02-01-2017 03:07 AM

My deepest sympathy to for your problem. Here is what happens next: There has been an increase of customer service problems being posted under the review section. You situation seems sincere to me so I will favor your post and I will follow along with the upcoming comments. Oh by the way this review will be deleted by morning. Final question I hope that you got free shipping for your troubles.

-- Desert_Woodworker

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#3 posted 02-01-2017 05:07 AM

how many employees does amazon have….. I would give infinity the benefit of the doubt they are a small company and always treated me well. I would have followed up sooner my guess is it was out of stock when you ordered it and yea customer service reviews do not belong on the review section

View americancanuck's profile

americancanuck

#4 posted 02-01-2017 12:37 PM

In my opinion customer service issues definitely do belong here and the lame excuse of being a small company just doesn’t hold water

-- Retired and lovin it

View poopiekat's profile

poopiekat

#5 posted 02-01-2017 01:25 PM

I maintain a drawer full of replacement new cutters and blades for every tool in my shop.
A tool supplier’s reputation should not be skewed by an impatient customer who can’t plan ahead.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#6 posted 02-01-2017 02:20 PM

I would prefer that the reviews are primarily focused on the tool. However, customer service is important also.

I really wonder when a person’s first and only post is to complain about something.

When I read a review, I also take into account the posters history on LJ. I will give much more weight to someone who has a history of good projects that someone who has one post and that is to complain. This does not invalidate the review but makes me wonder.

Sometimes, you just have to be persistent to get an answer. Yes, Amazon is faster but try to email or contact them.

View UpstateNYdude's profile

UpstateNYdude

#7 posted 02-02-2017 03:16 AM

A tool supplier s reputation should not be skewed by an impatient customer who can t plan ahead.

- poopiekat

Ummmm isn’t him buying replacement blades how you get to have replacements. While having a second set is ideal I’d bet it’s not the norm, and unless they specified otherwise or had stated there’s a lead time on the blades I’d be pretty ticked myself having to wait 3 weeks even if I didn’t need them unless it was free shipping.

A tool suppliers rep is built on “supply” so if they can’t supply in a timely manner that does effect their reputation especially nowadays. Using the OPs same example why do you think Amazon is so popular and everyone becomes a Prime member, because 2 day shipping gets them their stuff faster to fulfill that “OMG new stuff at my door step” sensation and because everybody wants everything now now now.

Just my 2 cents, from going through a similar ordeal myself recently.

-- Nick, “I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.” – Vincent Van Gogh

View TheFridge's profile

TheFridge

#8 posted 02-02-2017 03:21 AM

I don’t mind. I like to know what to expect from a company.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

#9 posted 02-02-2017 04:14 AM

I don t mind. I like to know what to expect from a company.

- TheFridge

Company web page http://www.infinitytools.com/ and their methods of shipping
http://www.infinitytools.com/shipping-policy plus the reviews on this company are very good

-- Desert_Woodworker

#10 posted 02-02-2017 04:22 AM

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#11 posted 02-02-2017 05:36 AM

I don t mind. I like to know what to expect from a company.

- TheFridge

Company web page http://www.infinitytools.com/ and their methods of shipping

- DesertWoodworker

DesertWoodworker is right and mistakes will happen and guess what even AMAZON makes mistakes they make lots of mistakes but not alot compared to the number of transactions they have each day….. when a company like the one in question has a issue it becomes magnified and really magnified when people post negative reviews on sites like this…. In my mind the customer has a little responsibility in this to maybe call and make sure what they need is in stock before they order or just to even make sure a real person is at the end of a phone number from a new online store that you have not purchased from before and then we you see something taking longer then expected the customer needs to follow back up…. it is a two way street… and things do get lost in the mail or also sent to the other side of the country by mistake by the shipping company

I once had a order with them that had a problem with a item that was out of stock and it ended up taking much longer to get back in stock then they had though originally and they handled the situation professionally even when I cancelled and went to another vendor for that item….. I had placed orders before that one and after that one with them and they have always be professional to me based on my expectations

View diverlloyd's profile

diverlloyd

#12 posted 02-02-2017 12:58 PM

Thanks for the review of customer service. Sucks you had to wait and no response from them.

View EarlS's profile

EarlS

#13 posted 02-02-2017 06:18 PM

My 2 cents on this – There is a lot to be said about customer service when it comes to buying something, especially costly items like woodworking equipment. I don’t know about others, but I do read these threads because they give me a great deal of insight into how these companies handle their customers. Just because I haven’t had a problem with a company that I ordered from once or twice doesn’t mean I have a good sense of how they do business. I might have been lucky, or some other extenuating circumstance.

I’m not sure how DesertWoodworker can delete this thread, unless he is the site admin?? Again, maybe I’m not aware of the all of the circumstances here.

I suggest that there should be a section for customer service reviews/comments.

Again, just my humble opinion based on 20+ years of woodworking and all of the customer customer service (good and bad) that goes with buying materials, equipment, and supplies for my projects and shop.

View JRsgarage's profile

JRsgarage

#14 posted 02-02-2017 06:38 PM

smaller businesses should have better turnaround, customer service, and knowledge of their products for their customers. only way for small guys(companies) to have a competitive advantage. it’s asinine to think three weeks is reasonable on a NON- back order/custom pieces. occasional burp in the process can occur but definitely should not be the norm…

-- Two is One, One is None

View pottz's profile

pottz

#15 posted 02-02-2017 08:45 PM

well i just purchased from them for the first time myself and i also experienced very slow shipping of about 2-1/2 weeks,probably because it didnt even leave their warehouse for over a week and a half.i dont expect anyone to be as fast as amazon but if a company wants to grow there business service has to be better than that.and amazon started out of a garage.as far as service issues posted here i have no problem it goes hand in hand with the tool review.also if the company is out of stock the customer should be notified immedietly not left wondering.so i agree with tom on this issue regardless if this is his first or 10000th post.

-- sawdust the bigger the pile the bigger my smile-larry,so cal.