Great 115 Volt Saw

Review by Ben posted 1775 days ago 3357 views 2 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 4.0
1 review total
Add my Review

Great 115 Volt Saw Great 115 Volt Saw Great 115 Volt Saw Click the pictures to enlarge them

I finally received my supersaw after two months on backorder. It was worth the wait. Jet ran a Fathers day deal in June and I got it cheap.

Assembly

I spent the better part of a Saturday putting the whole machine together. Everything was packaged well and there was no damage. I would rate the manual a 7 out of 10. I did spend 20 minutes looking for one package of bolts that they had packed inside one of the fence rails with the cap on it. I finally read the manual very closely to discover where the bolts were hidden. The blade guard and splitter assembly were a little tricky to figure out but I finally got it. The sliding table went on very easily.

Impressions

This saw runs very smoothly. It weighs around 450 pounds which does a lot to dampen vibration. It passed the nickel test easily. For grins, I tried the penny test and it aced that also. I ripped some 4/4 red oak with a cheap blade I had laying around and had no problems. I haven’t tried to cut anything thicker than that yet.

I really like the sliding table. With the table fully extended in the rear position and the miter gauge mounted in the back there is about 25 inches from the blade to the miter gauge fence, effectively allowing you to crosscut 24-25 inches depending on your blade height. The miter gauge has a locking bracket that serves as a stop block and lets you crosscut identical length boards.

The fence is a dream. It locks down very well with no deflection. The saw has 60 inches of rip capacity to the right of the blade. I don’t know if I will ever need that much capacity but, it will be nice to have.

There is no miter slot to the left of the blade. This is frustrating if you use a tenoning jig. I am going to keep my contractor saw for tenons until I get a jig that fits my new saw. The motor is only 1 3/4 horsepower. I don’t know if I will ever need more power but, for now, I can always use my bandsaw for stock thicker than 2 inches.

Rating

I gave this saw four stars. One reason being the lack of a miter slot when you get the sliding table option. The other reason I didn’t give it five stars is that it is pretty pricey at the regular price. Had mine not been on sale, I doubt I would have paid $2,000 for it. If you can find it on sale, jump on it. If you want a top-of-the- line tablesaw and are constrained to 115 volts I don’t think you will find anything better than the Supersaw. However, at full price, a better option might be to upgrade to 230 volts and get a true cabinet saw.

View Ben 's profile

Ben

157 posts in 1949 days

Nice purchase …I have the JET 240V 3HP Cabinet saw ..left tilt is soo nice : ) ENJOY

111999 posts in 2162 days

congrats on the saw good reveiw.

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

I remember that promo, it was a great deal on that saw!! I’m glad someone took advantage of it, I really wanted one, but I already have a tablesaw. Congrats!! It’s a beauty!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View MaxS's profile

MaxS

Oh wow….it’s like tool p*rn. Nice review and pics. Thank you. Very jealous…BTW. :-)

-- Socrates: "I drank what?"

Wow. so that’s what my BT3100 wants to be when it grows up! Slick saw man…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Cato's profile

Cato

Ben, nice looking saw, and having the room in your shop for the long fence rails is also sweet.

I notice that your right wing extension sits forward from the main table by a bit, yet your front and rear fence rails must bolt to it and be straight so I wonder why this is?

View Ben 's profile

Ben

157 posts in 1949 days

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I am hoping that this is the last table saw I ever have to buy.

Hi Cato. Good eye. In the photo it does appear that the right table sits forward. The main saw table has a beveled edge on the front and the extension tables are not beveled. It looks like they are are not flush on the front but they actually are (with the exception of the beveled part). I am not sure why Jet beveled the main table but not the extensions. I kind of think it was an oversight but there may be some reason behind it.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

677 posts in 2094 days

where is my drooling bib…......

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View SCOTSMAN's profile

SCOTSMAN

Good luck Ben have fun.I love new machinery it makes me happy, happy, happy.You2 huh LOL Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

View WoodSpanker's profile

WoodSpanker

519 posts in 1977 days

Nice saw…. I’ve been looking into 110 Volt saws…. Landlord wont let me upgrade. This has just become quite helpful to me.

-- Adventure? Heh! Excitement? Heh! A Woodworker craves not these things!

View mmh's profile

mmh

I’m happy for you, but Jet pulled out on me for the deal. I got the e-mail for the special and promptly went to the local dealer to order and pay for one of these and they readily took my money. We were trying to move the old saw out and find a new home for it and find some brauny friends or hire helpers to help on the delivery. Well, it’s a good thing we didn’t get rid of the old table saw, as a full two weeks later we get a call from the store we purchased the saw, and Jet had just informed them that they were no longer available and were not going to deliver one to us. We had met the deadline and paid up front. Why did it take them a fulll two weeks to inform us? We had to move heavy equipment and find hired hands, so this wasn’t just a little inconvenient. A big POOP on Jet on how they handled this sale, or rather lack of sale. I’ll probably hesitate on going that direction in the future.

Enjoy your saw. At least someone got one “as advertised”.

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe