This Saw is GREAT !!

Review by Kelster58 posted 01-22-2017 10:50 PM 3297 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
This Saw is GREAT !! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Got this saw last year. I was worried about the delivery and got the lift gate service from Grizzly. The saw came on UPS Freight. They called and made an appointment for delivery. They came with a lift gate trailer, they driver dropped the pallet at the curb, eazy peazy. I broke the pallet down and carried everything inside a piece at a time. Then put the body of the saw on my hand truck and into my shop everything went. I assembled the saw by myself. Had to shim the cast iron wings but got everything flat, level, and straight. Out of the box the arbor and blade were with in specifications. I bought a dial indicator and machined steel plate to check it all and it was true. The cosmoline came off easily with WD-40. The saw has a router table in the right wing. I flipped the wing upside down on my work bench and adjusted all the mounts for the router on my work bench. Then I installed the cast iron wing onto the saw. That made mounting the router very easy when the time came to install it.

The saw works great. No burn marks from the blade. As a matter of fact my one buddy thought an edge we just ran through the saw was jointed, it cuts that smoothly. I make most of my projects out of red oak. This saw cuts through 8/4 oak very easily. I ran a 8/4 ten foot length red oak board through the saw and it cut the board very easily. I have had some issues with the dust collection system mounted at the blade on this saw so I just removed it. My dust collection system just sucks the dust out of the bottom of the saw. I am happy with the saw and really like the router table wing. I definitely would but this saw again and highly recommend it.

-- K. Stone “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ― Benjamin Franklin

View wuddoc's profile

wuddoc

#1 posted 01-23-2017 12:39 AM

We have the same saw and love it. By using a Freud glue line blade, zero clearance insert, and a Grizzly 1/4 hp power feeder, along with a mobile base extension kit the saw has met all are expectations. The only negative was we had to replace all the rubber coated plastic casters with the steel casters found on the Super Heavy Duty mobile base.

The Freud Glue Line saw blade used during ripping eliminated the jointer station.

Again a great saw.

-- Wuddoc

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#2 posted 01-23-2017 10:17 AM

I am glad that this went better than last time. Enjoy your new “tools” and I look forward to seeing some finished “projects”-

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Bigjoemann's profile

Bigjoemann

#3 posted 01-23-2017 09:49 PM

Bought mine in December. It is still in boxes, waiting to be put together. This damn cold bug knocked me on my butt. Soon!

#4 posted 01-23-2017 09:58 PM

- Bigjoemann

Hope you get better soon. Check out Unemployed Redneck Hillbilly Creations on YouTube. He has a great video on assembling the saw. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxmr2Qc7ilk&t=46s

View FrogHouse's profile

FrogHouse

#5 posted 01-27-2017 01:27 PM

So jealous!

-- -- Kirk

View Jarrhead's profile

Jarrhead

#6 posted 01-27-2017 04:04 PM

I bought the same saw (without the router table extension) about a month ago. I really like mine too. I wrote my own review here on Lumberjocks also. One thing I didn’t like was the limited rip capacity. So, I have already splurged for the 7 foot rails. They extend the rip capacity right of the blade out to 52”. They are supposed to be delivered Monday. I will have to go in and update my review, after I get them installed. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Great bargain, compared to the other available options out there.

-- trn2wud

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#7 posted 01-27-2017 04:57 PM

if only my budget would let me …I would have a shop full of these tools :<))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

#8 posted 01-28-2017 07:17 PM

I bought the same saw (without the router table extension) about a month ago. I really like mine too. I wrote my own review here on Lumberjocks also. One thing I didn t like was the limited rip capacity. So, I have already splurged for the 7 foot rails. They extend the rip capacity right of the blade out to 52”. They are supposed to be delivered Monday. I will have to go in and update my review, after I get them installed. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Great bargain, compared to the other available options out there.

- Jarrhead

I saw your pictures of your saw and workshop. Very nice. I hope you enjoy your machines.

View BoilerUp21's profile

BoilerUp21

#9 posted 03-21-2018 01:03 AM

I just purchased this saw yesterday and hope they deliver it by Friday. Have you modified the fence for the router side at all or do you know of anyone that has on here that has posted pictures? I just wish it had a rectangular insert so i could get a lift that i could adjust router height on the top of the table instead.

#10 posted 03-21-2018 05:26 PM

- BoilerUp21

I didn’t modify the fence. I have a shaper and use that extensively. I keep a round over bit in the router and use that for putting a radius on my work when it needs it. Very convenient.