GRS-16 Guide Rail Square - AWESOME!

Review by rlamb007 posted 01-18-2017 01:44 PM 6619 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
GRS-16 Guide Rail Square - AWESOME! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I love my track saw. But lets face it, if you own a track saw then you are probably obsessed with accuracy when making cuts. Track Saw owners tend to be very picky with wanting to cut something square to an edge. I am no different. Now I have found the ultimate track saw square that actually works flawlessly. Received this tool/square and within a few minutes I was making perfect SQUARE cuts that were dead on accurate. Workmanship is first rate, this thing will last for years. If you are a track saw user, please google GRS-16 Track Square and watch the videos, and read the reviews. If you purchase this product you will very pleased with it. I am looking forward to flawless panel cutting for years to come.

View rlamb007's profile

rlamb007

View Greg the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg the Cajun Wood Artist

#1 posted 01-18-2017 03:36 PM

Looks nice but it sure seems way overpriced.

-- Wood for projects is like a good Fart..."better when you cut it yourself"

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#2 posted 01-18-2017 05:49 PM

WOW…$149.00…..not even certain how it works.

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#3 posted 01-19-2017 04:50 AM

WOW…$149.00…..not even certain how it works.

- Redoak49

good thing I bought Dewalt cause at one time I bought this and it was not even close to that price

but you do not really need it cause with the track saw you make two marks on either end and then line the track up to the marks and boom it works

View cstandi1's profile

cstandi1

#4 posted 01-20-2017 01:10 AM

I am getting ready to purchase one. If you are spending the money on a $650 dollar track saw I would say you might want more accuracy than some pencil marks or plastic guide. It is a piece of machined aluminum with a custom clamp, not a piece of injection molded plastic. Might not be for everyone but I don’t think $150 is completely unreasonable. Plus this allows for accurate cuts at a much faster rate.

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#5 posted 01-20-2017 02:54 AM

I am getting ready to purchase one. If you are spending the money on a $650 dollar track saw I would say you might want more accuracy than some pencil marks or plastic guide. It is a piece of machined aluminum with a custom clamp, not a piece of injection molded plastic. Might not be for everyone but I don t think $150 is completely unreasonable. Plus this allows for accurate cuts at a much faster rate.

- cstandi1

I use my track saw all the time I just do not see how it would help and yes I can cut fast and square with using 2 pencil marks…. I just do not see how it would help and as I said Dewalt had a similar accessory that was lots cheaper and no it was not made of plastic but cast aluminum but some things do not need to come off a CNC

BUT I do not mind spending money on quality when it counts so
spending the money on a woodpeckers 24” or 36” Precision Woodworking T Square wood be better use of the money for a high quality tool to help exact your layouts

but no we do not have to agree and if you want to buy the other thing GO for it

#6 posted 01-21-2017 06:28 PM

Interesting

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View ihadmail's profile

ihadmail

#7 posted 03-08-2017 11:29 PM

Thank you for this review!

I’ve been looking for something exactly like this for my Makita track saw for a while. It does seem a bit expensive, but then I compare it to the Parallel Dogs and Seneca Parallel guides that I bought hoping to achieve easier square cuts it’s right on par.

I’ll be ordering both of their products very soon.

View jplemons's profile

jplemons

#8 posted 03-19-2017 09:16 PM

I was excited. Until I saw the price. Outrageous.

View TSO's profile

TSO

#9 posted 03-25-2017 08:02 PM

Great forum, reviews and lively comments. A great place for us to hear what woodworkers need, like and/or dislike so we can be helpful with solutions or answers where that makes sense.

If we don’t see or respond to a post directed at us, just reach out to us directly. We listen and respond :)

Hans and Eric
info@tsoproducts.com

View Dovetail777's profile

Dovetail777

#10 posted 03-27-2017 03:27 PM

I received my GRS-16 PE last week and made cuts over the weekend. Here are my reactions:

Pros:
Accuracy of square cut (dead on 90)
Setup time (5 seconds)
Build quality (beautiful)
Value
Packing and shipping (outstanding packaging, well protected / fast shipping)

Cons:
NONE

I am selling my Festool angle unit. The vast majority of my cuts are 90s. I found the Festool to be very fussy to set at 90 and get an accurate cut. The GRS-16 beats the pants off the Festool angle unit.

To the issue of price – That’s something everyone has to judge on their own. For me, when I look at the accuracy, speed of setup and build quality I find this tool to be fairly priced. I’ve purchased both inexpensive and expensive tools over the years and usually got what I paid for.

Hans & Eric – Great Job!

Cheers,
Mark

View TSO's profile

TSO

#11 posted 04-02-2017 08:30 PM

Hans & Eric – Great Job!

- Dovetail777

We accept compliments with the understanding that we need ” to earn our wings everyday” – comments frequently are the basis for the next improvement. That’s how the PE version came about after the original GRS-16 reached customers – it was direct request/suggestion from just a few customers.

The comment about the fussiness of the protractor head on the MFT-3 was heard by us earlier and contributed to the creation of our next product – the MTR-18 coming out in the second half of April.

We hear you and pay attention!
Hans and Eric

View Spitfire1's profile

Spitfire1

#12 posted 05-21-2017 01:53 AM

How is it with a long track say the 118” guide rail?