Laguna customer service

Review by cj5 posted 12-12-2016 11:55 PM 3618 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Laguna customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had the Laguna 14/12 bandsaw for just over a year and have had no issues with it. Saturday I was cutting some wet wood into turning blanks and burned up the drive belt. Monday morning I called Alex at Laguna customer service to order a new on, expecting to pay for it. Alex asked if I had registered it and the date of purchase. I had and was 4 days over the 1 year warranty.
To my surprise they covered the belt and shipping. That sure did make my day !

#1 posted 12-13-2016 06:40 PM

Glad to hear, I like Laguna and was talking to the owner at a woodworking demo at his facility a while back. I mentioned that his customer service had a bad reputation. He was aware of it and working on it.

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

2646 posts in 1928 days

#2 posted 12-14-2016 11:59 PM

I’m curious how a drive belt could burn up with a year’s use.

#3 posted 12-15-2016 02:04 PM

runwithscissors: I can only guess because I had a pickup load of very fresh cut wet wood to turn into blanks and I ignored the warning signs, build up on blade, saw slowing down, etc ….... operator error ?

View TomE's profile

TomE

#4 posted 07-16-2017 12:45 AM

CJ5,

I am about to replace the belt on my 1412 (it has developed a tear). Do you have advice on the process or was it relatively easy? I have been putting in off for a while.

Any input would be appreciated. You’re the first one I have seen who has had to do this repair.

Tom

#5 posted 07-16-2017 02:11 AM

It’s good to hear positive things about Laguna.s customer service for a change.

#6 posted 07-17-2017 12:02 PM

TomE; sorry to take so long to reply, have been on vacation. Replacing the belt was pretty straight forward, the owner’s manual covered it pretty well. I needed to used a gear puller to get the main shaft loose. The manual is available on Laguna website if you don’t have one.

View TomE's profile

TomE

#7 posted 07-18-2017 08:09 PM

Thank you. That is good to hear. Hope you had a good vacation. I was concerned about getting everything back into the proper alignment but it sounds like that isn’t too hard to do.

View Hermit's profile

Hermit

#8 posted 09-01-2017 03:00 AM

Disregard.

-- I'm like the farmer's duck. If it don't rain, I'll walk.

View BoardsByBullard's profile

BoardsByBullard

#9 posted 01-03-2018 03:50 PM

Just another note towards Laguna’s customer service.

I picked up a 14-Twelve over the weekend and noticed a few minor QC issues with the saw, I was seeing some flatness issues with the fence and table insert. I emailed Laguna at 2:04pm, received a phone call from Jacob D. at Laguna’s customer service at 2:34pm and had a sales order in my email at 2:44pm.

I’m completely blown away by how fast the process was and how friendly Jacob was on the phone, what I expected to be a long drawn out process literally took a few moments.

10/10 – Would Recommend.