Laguna customer service

Review by cj5 posted 12-12-2016 11:55 PM 2416 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Laguna customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had the Laguna 14/12 bandsaw for just over a year and have had no issues with it. Saturday I was cutting some wet wood into turning blanks and burned up the drive belt. Monday morning I called Alex at Laguna customer service to order a new on, expecting to pay for it. Alex asked if I had registered it and the date of purchase. I had and was 4 days over the 1 year warranty.
To my surprise they covered the belt and shipping. That sure did make my day !

View cj5's profile

cj5

#1 posted 12-13-2016 06:40 PM

Glad to hear, I like Laguna and was talking to the owner at a woodworking demo at his facility a while back. I mentioned that his customer service had a bad reputation. He was aware of it and working on it.

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

#2 posted 12-14-2016 11:59 PM

I’m curious how a drive belt could burn up with a year’s use.

View cj5's profile

cj5

#3 posted 12-15-2016 02:04 PM

runwithscissors: I can only guess because I had a pickup load of very fresh cut wet wood to turn into blanks and I ignored the warning signs, build up on blade, saw slowing down, etc ….... operator error ?