Great miter saw stand, if you can't have yours set up all the time.

Review by Trikzter posted 1809 days ago 2985 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great miter saw stand, if you can't have yours set up all the time. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this Ryobi Miter Saw stand a few months ago and I love it. The picture shows it set up, but the legs will fold in and you can carry it around or for storage. I don’t have enough room to have a saw set up all the time and I have to set my saw up outside to cut for now. For the first time use, you have to attach the cross “sleds” or feet if you will, then attach the saw and the feet to the cross bars. It’s best to tilt the front towards you and then let the weight of the saw will get the back hooks on the second rail rather easily. Then just push down the black handle locking levers and the saw is on nice and solid. When you are finished, just lift up on the levers and the little feet has a built in handle, just grab the handle and tilt towards you.
On each end their is work support “rollers” (although they don’t actually roll) which can be adjusted up and down and in and further out for longer pieces. Just loosen the knobs and it can be adjusted most anywhere you need them to be located.
Bought at HD for $99.00, worth it for me. Here is the HD description:
The A18MS01 Miter saw quickstand has quick release mounting saw brackets, an integrated measuring scale. Positive stop to allow for repetitive cutting. The adjustable arm extends for added convenience. Holds up to 400 lbs. Pads allow saw to be placed on any surface.

• Accommodates most miter saws This tough steel stand is ideal for all of your projects needs, from jobsite to home site. Quick release mounting brackets allow you to easily mount and remove your miter saw from the stand. Tool-less height adjustability of material supports 400 lbs holding capacity Pads to place saw on any surface Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 54.7 In. Assembled Height (In Inches) : 9.1 In. Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 55.87 Assembled Width (In Inches) : 10.8 In. Energy Star Compliant : No Height : 9.10 In. Length : 54.75 In. Weight Capacity : 400 Lbs. Width : 10.9 In.
    I have a Ryobi 12” miter saw attached to the mounting brackets, but I think the 10” Delta miter saw should easily fit it as well.

-- Rick... A tree knows more about wood then I do.

View Trikzter's profile

Trikzter

Good review!

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

111999 posts in 2173 days

Thanks for the review

View Napaman's profile

Napaman

I am not sure if this is the exact model we used…but when my father in law came to help with our new shed he brought this…and the words out of his mouth: “This is just about the best thing I have ever bought.” Or something to that effect…and he builds homes…nice homes…so he has A LOT of tools…

I am not sure which miter saw he had…makita??? but I know it wasnt ryobi—-just to confirm this stand works for all types…

It was easy to make adjustments and move out roller supports…

-- Matt--Proud LJ since 2007

View FormerFramer's profile

FormerFramer

When my old miter saw crapped out on me, I went to HD and bought a new one, and got this stand at the same time. My saw is a DeWalt 12”, and it works great!! Best $100 I’ve spent on tools in a long time.

-- National Sarcasm Society; Like we Need your Support

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

I have the miter saw stand it overall for the cost it’s a good deal. If I were a contractor using it daily and having to move it around I would look for something a little lighter. It’s a little awkward to carry, the crossbar in the middle is to short for me to get a comfortable grip and if you grab either of the rails the bar in the middle is in the way to carry it at the balance point.

I bought a couple of extra sets of clamps and it make it easy to attach other equipment to the stand. I uses one set of clamps to make a work surface with a couple of pieces of plywood and masonite to a small work surface and a router table. Its nice that it fits next to the miter saw.

BTW I have DW717 (10 SCMS) on it most of the time. Beats working on the ground or having the saw on a folding table.