powerful and heavy duty

Review by jake posted 08-07-2009 01:42 AM 2340 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
powerful and heavy duty No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This tool is heavy duty in every aspect. It cuts hardwoods like butter. I like the basic nature of the tool, no lasers etc. They often obscure the sight line by getting in the way, and I would rather clearly see myself than rely on a laser. It base plate is aluminum, but is heavy enough it doesnt flex and I’m sure it helps keep the weight down. The adjustments are straight foreward and are easily operated. The motor sounds smooth in it’s wind up and use. The cord is nice and long, and made of rubber. I am a good size man and the handles and trigger switch easily fit my hands. If your looking for a saw that is basic in it’s design but heavy duty, easy to use and powerful, this is your saw. I have purchased several Ridgid power tools and have found them reliable and good values for the money.

View jake's profile

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

1075 posts in 2073 days

#3 posted 08-07-2009 01:40 PM

Agree with the rest…nice review. Ridigid is really coming along in the woodworking tool department…..and their lifetime service is a great feature.

-- Don S.E. OK

View Kristoffer's profile

Kristoffer

671 posts in 1962 days

#4 posted 08-07-2009 08:20 PM

I thoroughly agree. It is an amazing all around circular saw. Powerful, light weight and sturdy, this saw can go from rough framing to a woodworking task with an easy change of the blade. I’ve had mine for a couple of years and I love it!

-- Cheers and God Bless

View cabinetmaster's profile

cabinetmaster

#5 posted 08-09-2009 08:36 PM

great review.

-- Jerry--A man can never have enough tools or clamps

View kosta's profile

kosta

#6 posted 08-18-2009 09:21 PM

Im probably going to get this saw next week

-- kosta Virginia Beach, VA http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/

View AKWoody's profile

AKWoody

55 posts in 1909 days

#7 posted 11-06-2009 11:01 PM

I bought one of these based on your review and I was not disappointed! I have been using a 15+ year old circular saw for as long as I can remember, so imagine my surprise when I cut my first 4X4 with this a few nights ago!

Thanks!

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#8 posted 03-25-2013 05:28 PM

I have one of these, and I am overall happy with the saw, but do have one major beef: The bevel on my unit can not be adjusted to 90 degrees. It stops just slight short of 90, which I assume must me a manufacturer defect. I have yet had time to remove the base and try to extend the bevel slot so it can be adjusted to 90. Otherwise I do like the saw’s power, weight, controls, and base. But I would give it 3 – 4 saws, as the issue with the bevel on my unit is a major deficiency.

-- Scott in Texas

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

#9 posted 03-25-2013 06:49 PM

I’ve had one of these for several years and it’s my “go to” saw when I wanna use a corded electric.

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward