Solid Tail Vise

Review by MC posted 11-22-2016 11:04 AM 3400 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Solid Tail Vise Solid Tail Vise Solid Tail Vise Click the pictures to enlarge them

After using this vise for a couple of months, I wanted to post a review of it. First off this is the best vise I have ever used. The operation is smooth and the holding power is excellent. There are two versions available, one with a machined hand wheel the other cast. All other parts are the same. As much as I would have liked to have the shiny one I could not justify the added cost.

Installation takes care. The measurements need to be precise for the vise to work properly. The installation guide you download is clear, just make sure you follow the directions for printing the template and check the scale before using.

View MC's profile

MC

View Mikesawdust's profile

Mikesawdust

#1 posted 11-22-2016 01:26 PM

I agree, mine works great. The installation left me tired from adjusting since the wood moved slightly before I routed the area, I ended up not exactly parallel and had to remove it and adjust the depth with a chisel an the side that had moved. I’ve had it about 2 years now and it still functions fine.

-- You never cut a piece to short, you are just prepping that piece for a future project

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#2 posted 11-22-2016 04:50 PM

Thanks for the review; I am planning on using that hardware for a bench of my own. Personally I prefer the finish and texture of the cast piece for some reason.