The Osborne EB3, a great Miter Gauge.

Review by Schummie posted 1723 days ago 4078 views 2 times favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Osborne EB3, a great Miter Gauge. The Osborne EB3, a great Miter Gauge. The Osborne EB3, a great Miter Gauge. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Dear woodworker friends,

On advice from several from you, I’m sins this week the proud owner off a Osborne EB3.
I was pleasant surprised when I first saw the box off the Osborne EB3, that looks
very good en promised a lot.
When I opened the box, first what noticed me was how ordered the content looks,
It looks like it put there with love for the product.
When I took out the miter guide, the first ting what surprised me was the heaviness
from the miter guide, it field like very solid miter gauge.
I find that the operation manual is very good and clear, even I couth follow it.
To put the Osborne together was no problem and the setup was also easy.
It is also great that you can extend the Osborne and when he keep stable.
The only thing I did not use is the special tape for on the front off the Osborne.
First I think the Osborne looks better without and I think there is a possibility
that the wood is gone get damaged. But probably I’m wrong and than we put
the tape on the Osborne.

I’m very happy with my Osborne and I think (when I can do some woodworking)
that it’s gone by a great tool, what indispensable for me is on my table saw.
I take a lot off photos from my new Osborne, so I can look at it in my bed.

This was my first little review on LJ, I hope that you LJ’s are a little gentle with me :-)

Schummie.

Sorry for my English.

-- Greetings from the Netherlands.

View Schummie's profile

Schummie

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

Schummie, Thanks for the review….Woodcraft had these on sale over the weekend..two days only, so I ordered one myself. I have not got it yet but look forward to trying it out….I have read several great reviews over it. Congrats on the new Gage…hope you feel well enough to use it VERY soon !!!!

(And your English is FINE !!!)

-- Don S.E. OK

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2544 posts in 1932 days

Nice review. And your pictures are wonderful…clear and large!
Your English is fine. What you say comes across as genuine and knowledgeable.
Ellen

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View ericandcandi's profile

ericandcandi

152 posts in 2017 days

Great review. One question, is sawdust allowed in your shop? .................cleanest shop in the whole LJ community….lol

-- ericandcandi in Louisiana- Home of the "LSU Tigers"

View brunob's profile

brunob

Love my Osborn but I agree – your shop is way too clean! Can’t seem to ever get mine that clean. Thanks for the review.

-- Bruce from Central New York...now, if you'll pardon me, I have some sawdust to make.

View ajosephg's profile

ajosephg

1826 posts in 2061 days

I received mine this week, and I agree with your review.

-- Joe

View patron's profile

patron

schummie , glad you got your guide ,
now you can have some fun !
God willing , your shop will be just as clutered as the rest of them .
and thank you miterguy for helping get this to him through
all the international hoops !
enjoy my friend !

View Miterguy's profile

Miterguy

7 posts in 2017 days

Definitely a candidate for the “cleanest shop award”. I’m happy to have you as one of our customers. I would suggest that you put the abrasive sandpaper material on the front of the fence. It functions to stabilize the wood and really keeps it from “creeping” when you make the cut. It won’t scratch the workpiece but it will help ensure that the cut is smooth as glass. Take care to keep it up about a sixteenth from the bottom of the fence so the aggregate does not scratch that beautiful saw table.
Best of luck Schummie. Let the sawdust fly.
David

-- David Osborne, www.osbornemfg.com

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

996 posts in 1985 days

Schummie, thanks for the review. I’ve been singing the praises of the Osborne miter gauge and I don’t even own one. I just use one in a friend’s shop making toys for tots. And it is rock solid, I agree. By the way, I held the picture of your TS top up close and was sure I saw my reflection ;>)

-- God is Great, Wood is Good. nuff said.

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

After re-reading what everyone has said…I am getting more and more excited about getting mine !!!!

-- Don S.E. OK

109242 posts in 2077 days

Hey Schummie.
Thanks for the great review . Your Photos are great it looks like they were taken in a show room.
Well done.

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

You’re gonna love it!! Just remember to check the clearance to the blade when you change angles!! Wouldn’t want to run your new toy through your saw blade!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

996 posts in 1985 days

Hey Matt – I went by Rockers a couple of weeks ago and they still had a pile of walnut. I’m real tempted to sort through and pick a few this weekend. I should probably call first.

-- God is Great, Wood is Good. nuff said.

View Splinterman's profile

Splinterman

Hey Schummie,
Goden Dag,
I know that your country has little in the way of woodworking stores as we found out in Hasselt and up north near the Den Helder Naval Base. Most of the equipment is imported and at a high price.
Enjoy your new toy as it will be a great assistance to you and hope you feel better soon.
Very good review and great pictures.
Welcome to LJ’s…the best site to enhance your woodworking skills and knowledge.

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

Congrats one your brand new baby! My EB-3 is a little over 12 months old and I love using it very much!

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

Schummie, this is a nice review. I have heard a lot of good things about the Osborne and your review confirms that this is a pretty good buy. Nice photography as well.