A little pricey, but worth it.

Review by bayspt posted 07-29-2009 06:35 AM 1956 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A little pricey, but worth it. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this when I did the drawers for the lego table.
Click for details
My Ryobi drill wouldn’t fit in some of the places I needed it too. I also bought the 3/8 chuck for the drill. In my opinion, these tools preform as designed. I have driven 3 1/2” drywall screws into pine 2×4s with no pilot hole with no problem. Plenty of power. The impact driver is a bit noisy, but that is to be expected. For assebly with screws, they simply cant be beat. I find myself reaching for the drill more often than my 18v Ryobi as it has ample power and weighs alot less. It is also nice to have both tools setup one to drill and countersink the other to drive. Battery life is good, I can easily do 50 or 60 1 1/2 screws on a single charge, and charge time is only 50 min. I have found that for most cases this is more than enough, and the driver usually runs out before the drill so then I just swap batteries back and forth if I need to. The case is alluminum, and very nice. It is a little large for what it contains, but it holds all of the parts very nicely with plenty of room for some screws or something if you had to travel with it. Any questions feel free to ask.

-- Jimmy, Oklahoma "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear!"

View bayspt's profile

bayspt

View alaskawoody's profile

alaskawoody

#1 posted 07-29-2009 08:10 AM

congrats on the drills. You mentionend that it was pricy. How much and where did you make the perchase?

View Jimmy's profile

Jimmy

44 posts in 2026 days

#2 posted 07-29-2009 09:58 AM

a buddy of mine bought them a few months back. he does gym repair business. he loves them and so do i when i use them. from what he has told me they are great but he paid around 170 for the set at either lowes or hd i believe. great tools worth the money also.makes

-- 20 year old new woodworker. advice and tools much appreciated.

View Cory's profile

Cory

#3 posted 07-29-2009 02:54 PM

I got these drills on sale at HD earlier this summer. $129 for the set. I couldn’t be happier with them. The batteries actually charge a little faster for me, more like 30 minutes. The impact driver has tons of power and will easily rip the head off a screw if you’re not paying attention.

-- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.

View bayspt's profile

bayspt

#4 posted 07-29-2009 05:09 PM

Sorry about forgeting the price guys. I got mine for full price $179 at HD.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

jeny

4 posts in 1981 days

#7 posted 09-21-2009 05:27 PM

thanks for the review!

Any other Makita tools you recommend?

By husband has just gotten into being a do-it-yourselfer and is looking to buy some? We checked the website out and found that they are doing a buy one get one free, but since we are kindda new to the woodworking thing we arent sure what to get?

View MoreWoodPlease's profile

MoreWoodPlease

#8 posted 01-07-2010 02:36 PM

Just bought this set at HD for $159. Seems to be a great pair. I haven’t put it to much use as of yet, but they look like solid tools.

-- Integrity is who we are when no one else is watching.