How to Use your pneumatic tools without a compressor

Review by jerryz posted 1722 days ago 3430 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
How to Use your pneumatic tools without a compressor No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got this at WoodCraft and had a chance to use it last weekend with my framing nailer.
I drove 2 3/4” nails into 2×4 Pressure Treated Lumber to make a frame.
Let’s say that it definetively works as stated.
With the 9oz CO2 bottle I was able to complete my project, the nails were driven deeply without issues.
I also used it with my brad nailer. It works just like a normal regulator and you can adjust the pressure according to your tool requirements.
What I like it most is that I don’t need to start the compressor that obviously makes a lot of noise.
I can see it as a very useful device for somebody living in an apartment where a noisy compressor might cause you trouble with the neighbours.
I got myself a 24oz bottle for $34 including the fill at a paintball supply store.
Refilling the 9oz bottle is less that $3

I am posting the link to the web page of the product:

View jerryz's profile

jerryz

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

Lowe’s sells these as well. The cabinet builders use then alot on installs. That way they do not need to drag the compressor and air hoses into the peoples house.

God Bless
tom

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

Nice idea….

I think I would be lost without my compressor though….I use it alot to blow out the dust build up – I don’t think this would last that long this way.

I wonder if there is a cheap easy unit to refill the tank – it would be an inconvenience to have to keep taking it somewhere to refill…but if you can do it yourself…that might work better?

View SCOTSMAN's profile

SCOTSMAN

4984 posts in 2083 days

We need to know how it works out price wise I agree,even though it is a great idea.I bought a porter cable gas nailer and I can’t get the gas for it now seems not right to me after I spend nearly £300.00 on it and hardly used it too.Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

View ahock's profile

ahock

I have one of these, and my regulator stopped working after about a month. In the process I had emptied 2 24 oz bottles though. I’ve tried fiddling with it but couldn’t seem to be able to tear it down far enough to fix it. It was definitely nice to have though! I’d hook the bottle on the back of my tool belt, and all my nail guns (minus the roofer) have belt or rafter hooks that I’d slip onto the back of my belt too so I could be cord free for climbing ladders, scaffolding, roofs etc.

-- Andy, PA ~Finding satisfaction in creation

View lew's profile

lew

You know the old saying- “a day late and a dollar short”.

I converted one of my Scuba regulators and a small Scuba tank into one of these about 10 years ago. I didn’t think anyone else would ever actually want to use it.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

reggiek

Lew, I thought of that too….but I did’t have a divers card and some of the tank outfits will not fill without one…so once again it was back to the compressor…..

Still hoping to find something portable like that someday…

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

We power ours with beans. ;-)

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

109158 posts in 2075 days

Paint gun suppliers can file these tanks also that’s who fills mine

reggiek

John…that would be a bit hard on the ol rear end – and stay away from beano, especialy if you need to do some framing….hehe

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

They were using this system on ”This Old House” last year . Looked pretty handy : )

-- When you arrive at my front door, please knock softly but firmly. I like soft , firm, knockers : )

View chickenguru's profile

chickenguru

All In One Wood Tools sells this for $79.00 in Mississauga,Ont plus the 3-4bucks for the fill.