Hitachi Compressor - Nice for the Price

Review by reggiek posted 1820 days ago 2752 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hitachi Compressor - Nice for the Price No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just replaced my old pancake compressor ( A Porter Cable – a few gasps and then gave up the ghost – after about 9 years of very hard service) with this model from Hitachi. It was very reasonably priced even if not on sale!...and has more power and more capacity then my old model. So far it works great!....and I am very happy with the extra capacity.

I use the mini compressor’s to blow off tools, work areas, projects and to run finish nailers, staplers, framing nailer, roofing nailer and various pnuematic grinder/sanders. This mini runs great off a generator…and this is much cheaper then buying a gas powered compressor (of course I already have a generator – I have not priced the two components against the one….but a jobsite generator is a must so you might as well go this route). The mini are nice in that I don’t have to fire up the big shop compressor I have just to blow out a router or other tool.

The only issues I have so far is weight, its a bit heavy…mostly caused by the lifting handle location thats a bit awkward…I would recommend putting this one on a small hand cart. It is also quite noisy for a small compressor (which will probably quiet down once it is broken in)...but it comes up to pressure very quickly – these items make it a 4 instead of a 5 star review and I would lean towards 4.5…if I could do that.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

View GMman's profile

GMman

Nice compressor, I have a pancake Campbell Hausfelt and it is too noisy so last week I purchased an oil lub.one which is very quite ,its 3 hp 5 gal. twin tanks Motomaster.

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

Thanks for the review. My 5 year old Porter Cable died last weekend so I either have to repair it or replace it to do pretty much what you describe with yours.

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

The noise level seems to have gone down now that the unit is “broken in,” a bit. They are all pretty noisy, as I’ve yet to see one that doesn’t drown out the sounds of circular saws at a job site. This Hitachi is smooth though…my old PC used to darn near hop off the piece of plywood I set it on (too keep it from kicking up dust)...course in it’s defense it was getting old by then. The Hitachi stays where it was put and vibrates very little…so far so good.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

111999 posts in 2172 days

good review

View SCOTSMAN's profile

SCOTSMAN

I have a few compressors that are noisy I bought a used belt driven one which is much bigger and less noisy the belt driven ones seem to be less noisy I have notice on a general level.Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease