Metabo PowerMaxx

Review by handyman posted 2271 days ago 2644 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Metabo PowerMaxx Metabo PowerMaxx Metabo PowerMaxx Click the pictures to enlarge them

This little 4.8 volt drill/driver is fast becoming my go-to tool. A true pocket-drill, it has more torque than you can imagine, and comes with 2 batteries, a 90 degree adapter,a screw-on chuck, and case. While I wouldn’t want to screw an entire deck surface with(batteries charge overnight), it drives screws in hardwood very nicely, and is very compact. You just won’t believe the torque! Easily 5 stars! Purchased from Rocklers!

-- Dan

View handyman's profile

handyman

View Thos. Angle's profile

Thos. Angle

You’re lucky. The one I got doesn’t have enough power to tighten a screw. I got it for the 90 in tight places but it won’t even run a counter sink bit. Too bad, I like the little thing as well. Dealer told me that was normal.

-- Thos. Angle, Jordan Valley, Oregon

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

I’ve been looking for a small screwdriver. Does it have a lithium-ion battery?

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

We need a tie-breaking opinion here.

View handyman's profile

handyman

Thos
I am amazed that there would be difference between two units. My brother bought one and his is just as powerful as mine. Is your dealer willing to exchange it? I would force the issue with them!

-- Dan

View Thos. Angle's profile

Thos. Angle

I hung on to it too long. Out of warranty. I’m sure he would, I buy a lot of equipment from the company. It will drive #6 screws for cabinet hinges but that’s about it. If you have two that are good then mine is the fluke.

-- Thos. Angle, Jordan Valley, Oregon

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

I needed a light weight drill for small work. I didn’t need the power of my Dewalt 18V driver/drill, so this one fit the bill perfectly. It is extremely well made; perfect for drilling pilot holes.