Handy for rough measurements

Review by Woodknack posted 09-20-2016 02:01 AM 1676 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Handy for rough measurements No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I keep this pocket caliper in my apron or on my saw mostly for round items. It’s useful for things like dowels or bolts, also for inside measurements where I don’t need the accuracy of a digital caliper. The dowels at my local mom & pop hardware store are all labeled in inch sizes but some are actually metric and this prevents me from buying the wrong size. It was a little stiff at first but loosened up quickly and with a drop of oil slides easily. I appreciate the numbers being black on a white background as engraved numbers are more difficult to read past a certain age. ;) As much as I like this, it still feels cheap in the hand (and it is cheap, $8).

-- http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View Woodknack's profile (online now)

Woodknack

1 comment so far

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

7136 posts in 1952 days

#1 posted 09-20-2016 03:57 AM

Looks handy and cheap enough for those quick measurements. Will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.