Jorgensen 7200 Series Bar Clamp

Review by tenontim posted 07-14-2009 09:59 PM 3277 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jorgensen 7200 Series Bar Clamp No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve been upgrading my clamp collection, to include these 7200 series bar clamps, by Jorgensen. I had a couple of older Jorgensen clamps, and was happy with them. They were a quality product. Recently, I purchased a dozen of the 36” bar clamps, to replace the bar clamps that I normally use for my table top glue ups. The first time I used these clamps, I had the clutch plates on 4 clamps break. One clamp broke all 5 clutches at the same time. I was quite disappointed, since these clamps were brand new, and I was looking forward to long use from these clamps, since they normally will give you nice, flat glue ups and exert as much pressure as you need, without twisting the handles off.
I sent an email to the Adjustable Clamp Company, the makers of these clamps, and told them of the problem. I was very pleased with their response. They notified me that the clutches had been heat treated incorrectly, which was causing the breakage, and they would send out replacement clutches free of charge.
It’s always nice when a company will stand behind their products and not give you excuses for problems, but give you solutions.
While it may be a bit of an inconvenience to replace all of the clutches, I still give the clamps and the customer service a five star rating. And yes, I plan to buy more of these clamps in the future.

View tenontim's profile

tenontim

#1 posted 07-14-2009 11:09 PM

Great review.

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#2 posted 07-14-2009 11:33 PM

thanks for the review … will keep my eye open for a deal on these

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

#3 posted 07-14-2009 11:38 PM

Bad news good news thanks for your review Tim

View kimball's profile

kimball

323 posts in 2045 days

#4 posted 07-15-2009 01:07 AM

Hey Tim
Like you I have to applaud A. C. C. and their willingness to stand behind their product. That being said, I have to applaud you for standing behind an old friend and giving them the opportunity to do right by you.
Huraah to you both,
Kimball

View woodbutcher's profile

woodbutcher

#5 posted 07-15-2009 01:49 AM

tenontim,
Hey thanks for the information. Please let us know if the new clutches do in fact cure the problem. I’m sure it will. But I’m just curious as to whther they will test the hardness and heat treatment on the replacement parts, prior to shipping them to you. The companies response and handling of your problem are commendable. Have we got a lot of new tables forth coming? Take care.

Sincerely,
Ken McGinnis

-- woodbutcher north carolina

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#6 posted 07-15-2009 03:19 PM

Hi Tim;

Great review, and glad to hear customer service is alive and well.

Lee

View tenontim's profile

tenontim

#7 posted 07-16-2009 11:42 PM

UPDATE!! Received the new clutch plates today, and installed them on my clamps. Problem solved, I’m back in business. Always like stories with a happy ending.

View woodbutcher's profile

woodbutcher

#8 posted 07-17-2009 02:55 AM

tenontim,
Glad to hear that the new clutch plates solved the problem. Now lets see some of those tops glued up and topping off some new projects!-LOL Take care!
Sincerely,