Possibly the best pushblock ever made

Review by Chris Wright posted 07-12-2009 04:27 PM 3615 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Possibly the best pushblock ever made No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok, so maybe that’s a bit strong of a statement, but it is a great push block. This push block allows you to feed stock through a table saw on both sides of the blade, parallel with out any slipping. One of the sides is 1/4 wide, the other is a 1/2 inch and there’s an adjustable center foot that can be slide to the left or right to make way for the blade. On the bottom is a great gripping surface that will find positive grip on just about any surface, well every surface I’ve used it on anyway. It also comes with an adjustable foot that can put on either side so if you’re cutting narrower stock, the block will stay flat and not rock. I have two and use them pretty much with every tool that requires a push block (i.e. table saw, router table, joiner). I feel perfectly safe when I use these blocks when ripping narrow stock on the table saw, my only complaint is the price, they are a bit high, but for possibly the last push block you’ll ever need to buy, can you put a price on safety?

-- "At its best, life is completely unpredictable." - Christopher Walken

View Chris Wright's profile

Chris Wright

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

#1 posted 07-12-2009 05:45 PM

I also have 2 of them, and they work very well, and much safer than all the other push blocks I have.

-- Smitty!!!

View bayspt's profile

bayspt

#2 posted 07-12-2009 06:12 PM

I Love the one I have. Got my wife to buy it for me for Christmas.

-- Jimmy, Oklahoma "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear!"

View rons's profile

rons

72 posts in 2009 days

#3 posted 07-12-2009 07:27 PM

This is just about all I use. It is a very safe. They even have a video showing you all it can do.

-- Ron, Michigan

#4 posted 07-12-2009 10:57 PM

I’ve got a couple of them and I’ve even taken them out of the box. Theya re a great tool

#5 posted 07-12-2009 11:38 PM

Good review

View Schummie's profile

Schummie

#6 posted 07-13-2009 02:31 AM

I have the GRR-Ripper already for years and I find it a great and save tool, I use him always, `
when I’m after the sable saw (and that happens not a lot the last years)
It was one off the first things I bought in the US.

Thanks for your review.

Schummie.

-- Greetings from the Netherlands.

View DonFaulk0517's profile

DonFaulk0517

#7 posted 07-13-2009 03:03 AM

I too have two GRR-Rippers. I’ve had them for over 5 years now. Just to let you know… they now have an attachment to allow 1/8” strips to be cut. I haven’t boughten the attachments yet,since my GRR-Rippers would need to be modified to accept the new plates (or spend more money to correct.

-- DonFaulk0517@gmail.com

View blackcherry's profile

blackcherry

#8 posted 07-13-2009 06:41 AM

I’ve had one of mine for 4 or 5 years now and about a month ago I walk in to a tool store in New Lennox Il. and on a clearance rack I purchase one more for 5 bucks. Plus this is the upgraded version….great tool for the router table. Nice review thanks Blkcherry

View Greg Wurst's profile

Greg Wurst

#9 posted 07-13-2009 02:33 PM

I have one and it is invaluable for ripping thin strips. Worth every penny.

-- You're a unique and special person, just like everyone else.

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

#10 posted 07-13-2009 09:08 PM

Thanks for the review!
I have had one of these in my hands several times during visits to Woodcraft….but never bought one. It looks nice but like you said a little pricey, but the quality felt good.

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View Greg..the Cajun  Box Sculptor's profile

Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor

5110 posts in 1966 days

#11 posted 07-13-2009 10:30 PM

They are definitely worth their cost. Quality is always the way to go. I have one I bought about a year ago and it is a big improvement over my shop made version.

View SimonSKL's profile

SimonSKL

#12 posted 07-14-2009 09:48 PM

I have to cut a slot in a PVC pipe and this provides me with a safe way to do it.

-- Simon, Danville, IL

View deucefour's profile

deucefour

285 posts in 1911 days

#14 posted 02-08-2010 04:08 AM

Just got one, and I love it, you can also make a jointing bridge that seems to work well. the instructions are included in the package.

-- "I gotta have more cowbell"--------Bruce Dickinson

View John Harris's profile

John Harris

#15 posted 03-28-2010 05:42 AM

I recently saw a really nice home made version of this gripper system somewhere. I just can’t find it though. I have been searching for an hour now with no luck.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!