customer service

Review by hootr posted 07-12-2009 03:56 PM 1401 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

i emailed freud customer service yesterday (saturday) about a problem with my router and to my surprise this morning they had responded with the information on parts and a tech support #. i really wasn’t expecting that over a weekend. great service i think

the FT2000E has been table mounted since new, the last couple years, with no complaints
the other day the router wouldn’t start. flipped the switch a couple times and it started. happened again a little later. loose wire, bad switch???? don’t know but now i’m nervous. then i notice the variable speed dial is gone.
i’m not knocking the router, it’s a great machine but has anyone else had this problem?
i’ll let you know how the repair goes when i get the parts

-- Ron, Missouri

View hootr's profile

hootr

183 posts in 2043 days

View cabinetmaster's profile

cabinetmaster

#1 posted 07-12-2009 04:01 PM

I’ve not had any problem with my Freud yet. Knock on wood. Looks like you got a quick responce though. Keep us posted on how everything comes out.

-- Jerry--A man can never have enough tools or clamps

View SnowyRiver's profile

SnowyRiver

#2 posted 07-12-2009 05:29 PM

Always nice when they respond so quick. Maybe its something simple like a dirty switch. Good luck with it.

-- Wayne - Plymouth MN

View Derek Lyons's profile

Derek Lyons

#3 posted 07-12-2009 08:13 PM

Not much of a review here…

-- Derek, Bremerton WA --

#4 posted 07-12-2009 08:22 PM

Hope it comes together for you

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

#5 posted 07-15-2009 07:42 PM

How can it rate 5 stars when it sounds like it is falling apart?

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 1966 days

#6 posted 07-15-2009 07:52 PM

Glad to hear some good news about customer support these days….lots of nightmares out there lately. It does sound like some infiltration of the switch perhaps….that seems to be the focal point for problems on most routers….there has been a lot of engineering devoted to specifically that too…I make it a practise to blow out my router after each use just to insure that I dont cause the switch to fail…its easy and only takes a couple minutes.

I would certainly rate the customer support high…but just one problem like this would not make me consider the tool as inferior unless I saw a few more notices of failures…

Keep us abreast of the results.

As an aside, I have used alot of their bits and have nothing but praise for the quality and workmanship…hope they keep it up.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View hootr's profile

hootr

183 posts in 2043 days

#7 posted 07-18-2009 03:09 PM

guess i wasn’t plain enough or put this comment in the wrong place
i was just bragging on the customer service, the tool is top notch
after talking to the tech guy i took it apart, cleaned it up and it runs like a champ
better housekeeping on my part should be the answer

thanks for the feedback both pro & con

-- Ron, Missouri