Lie-Nielsen Tapered dovetail saw

Review by TheFridge posted 08-02-2016 08:06 PM 2479 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Lie-Nielsen Tapered dovetail saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve had it for about a year and it’s my go to joinery saw.

It was a little grabby at first and I struggled with it starting. After a short amount of use it lost the grab and started performing like a champ.

The only replacement I would ever get would be a Summerfield saw from Bob Summerfield at RMSaws.com

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

View TheFridge's profile

TheFridge

1 comment so far

View Juggler's profile

Juggler

#1 posted 08-06-2016 07:21 PM

I bought that saw and their carcass saw, which is basically the same thing only somewhat larger. After making some hand cut dovetails, I don’t really know why I bought both, except for some review on saws suggested that you really needed both. You are right that it is a super nice saw. Both of them are, but I am not so sure when each of them is the “right tool” for the job.

-- DJB