Fantastic little tool

Review by b2rtch posted 08-01-2016 10:07 AM 2009 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fantastic little tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Many years ago I already wrote a review of the Micro Jig Splitter Steel Pro.
Last weekend I had to change the Zero Clarence insert on my Delta Unisaw and so I also had to re-install the Micro Jig splitter.
I just want to write: what a fantastic little tool this is !!!!
I have been using mine for many years and it works perfectly every-time.
A simple and in-expensive tool that does what it it supposed to do perfectly and every time.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#1 posted 08-01-2016 01:02 PM

Thanks Burt… I really need to get a splitter on my TS and have considered the micro-jig

I guess I need to bite the bullet and actually purchase one.

-- It’s the knowledge in your head, skill in your hands and motivation to create in you heart that makes you a woodworker. - Mainiac Matt

#2 posted 08-01-2016 01:05 PM

How much to do you care for your safety?
The micro jig Splitter pro is only around $25.00, a no-brainer in my opinion.

#3 posted 08-01-2016 02:56 PM

View Bill_Steele's profile

Bill_Steele

#4 posted 08-01-2016 05:37 PM

Thank you for posting this review b2rtch. I’ve seen this product in magazine reviews and considered buying one. Right now I have a homemade splitter.

I often leave the factory provided guard off the machine (even though I know it provides the best protection). I do feel that a splitter is very important and so I made one from one of those single slot adjustable shelving brackets.

I cut it down in size and drilled/enlarged the existing hole to fit the bolt that secures the factory guard/splitter. I also shimmed it with washers so that it ends up in the center of my blade once installed. A benefit of having it installed below the table is that it follows the blade when the blade is tilted.

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#5 posted 08-01-2016 10:08 PM

I love mine.

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#6 posted 08-02-2016 04:46 PM

Great product. Thanks for posting this, for it may help someone who is thinking about this product.

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

1864 posts in 2024 days

#7 posted 08-13-2016 12:40 AM

I really have to get me this. I have my PM66 and Unisaw from the 80’s. As of right now, I rarely use safety gear which scares me since I came from a more dinky Bosch 4100 with loaded safety (guard, riving knife). Thanks for reminding me about these little guys.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

#8 posted 08-15-2016 12:57 PM

Holbs, get it BEFORE the accident, that;s much better and cheaper.