Narex 20mm (3/4") skew chisels

Review by PPK posted 07-24-2016 03:20 AM 3308 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Narex 20mm (3/4") skew chisels No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this set of chisels from Highland Woodworking and have been using them non-stop ever since. They are the darn handiest thing when scraping glue out of drawer boxes or anywhere that it’s hard to get a regular chisel in a good position.

As far as the quality goes, they are made out of good steel, have good machining, come sharp, and have held an edge well. The handles are good beech? handles, and could resist being beat on with a mallet, although I almost always use these for paring and scraping only.

The prices is right, at about $30.

I would highly recommend to anyone that uses chisels often for paring and removing glue squeeze out.

Oh, and finally, I didn’t think it was necessary to have the left and right handed ones – I thought one would do, but it really does help to have both. I find that I use both of them always when I’m working on drawers.

-- Pete

View PPK's profile

PPK

View CampD's profile

CampD

#1 posted 07-24-2016 12:46 PM

Had my eye on these, thanks for the review.

-- Doug...

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

#2 posted 07-24-2016 05:48 PM

Seems odd, by reading your text I would infer that you are going to give these a four to five star rating, but you only gave them a 3.5 star rating. Is there something you aren’t telling us that prohibits a higher rating?

I have them, I love them. I would give them a four for overall quality and a 4.5 for value. They are really hard to beat for the investment.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View PPK's profile

PPK

#3 posted 07-24-2016 06:31 PM

Hmm. I intended to give them a 5-star rating. I think that’s what I’ve got here. I think the 3.5 star rating is taking into account the other couple people that have given them less than a 5-star.

-- Pete

View WillliamMSP's profile

WillliamMSP

#4 posted 07-26-2016 12:52 PM

The reviewer’s rating is on the left side of the header, above the first picture, in silver/gray stars. The rating on the left side, in yellow/gold stars, is the cumulative rating from all that have reviewed product.

Thanks for the review – they seem useful and a good value.

-- Practice makes less sucky. (Bill, Minneapolis, MN)