Veritas skew rabbet block plane

Review by TheFridge posted 07-18-2016 11:09 PM 2690 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Veritas skew rabbet block plane No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted a skew rabbet plane for crossgrain rabbets and cleaning up tenon cheeks.

This one fit the bill.

It takes a lot of fettling at first but once it’s set it so easy to sharpen and get back to work.

I’d definitely recommend it

View WhoMe's profile

WhoMe

#1 posted 07-19-2016 01:05 AM

Fridge, you are a man of few words…. lol
Can you elaborate on the fettling? What was off or needed it. I have been considering one but would like more info. The fettling, what features you liked, what you didn’t. Is it right handed or lefty handed? Enquiring minds want to know.

-- I'm not clumsy.. It's just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies, the wall gets in the way AAANNNDDD table saws BITE my fingers!!!.. - Mike -

#2 posted 07-19-2016 01:16 AM

Right hand I’m pretty sure

They have 2 setscrews to adjust the iron to the rabbeting edge and another to limit lateral adjustment. It makes it a lot easier to sharpen and get it back to work.

View Don W's profile

Don W

#3 posted 07-19-2016 10:42 AM

I’ve got a set. I bought when they had the seconds on sale. I use them a lot. I love them.

-- http://timetestedtools.net - Collecting is an investment in the past, and the future.

View AnthonyReed's profile

AnthonyReed

#4 posted 07-19-2016 04:12 PM

My fettling patience is extremely limited due to my sub-par mental capacity, not that you asked. Happy it fits the bill for you.

Thanks Fridge.

-- ~Tony

View BulldogLouisiana's profile

BulldogLouisiana

#5 posted 07-19-2016 10:38 PM

Hey good buddy. I got the same plane recently. I may needy out to show me how to get it going.

-- There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

#6 posted 07-19-2016 11:05 PM