A simple yet extremely helpful item

Review by Durnik150 posted 1749 days ago 1340 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A simple yet extremely helpful item No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Price $5.99 for a 10 pack via Amazon

I have done a ton of reviews on Amazon and realized that the folks here at LJs will probably put more of the information to use than the average Amazon user. So, I’m transferring a bunch of these reviews over here for you folks to use. My intent isn’t to flood the site with reviews so if someone has a concern with a couple going up each day, let me know.

For as long as people have been working with wood they have been frustrated by either smudging their work by setting it down or having to wait until one side dries before adding a coat to the other. Now that these little babies are on the market you can eliminate both concerns.

Made of a non-stick plastic, they hardly ever adhere to your work. If they do, they only leave a small dimple that can easily be remedied. The tips are rounded so there is no piercing or damaging the wood when it is set on a pyramid. The holes you see on the sides not only lighten the pyramid but also give you finger holes to move, adjust, or grab as needed.

Yes, you can make your own version of these and they will work about as well but these are pretty well priced for a pack of 10 and it saves you the hassle of making them. I have two sets that I use regularly so they won’t just sit on your shelf collecting dust. You will use them.

-- Behind the Bark is a lot of Heartwood----Charles, Centennial, CO

View Durnik150's profile

Durnik150

View EricWrights's profile

EricWrights

$5.99 + $4.99 shipping at Amazon.com

—————————————————
For as long as people have been putting a finish on wood, people have been frustrated by either smudging their work by setting it down or having to wait until one side dries before adding a coat to the other. Now that these little babies are on the market you can eliminate both concerns.
Made of a non-stick plastic, they hardly ever adhere to your works. If they do, they only leave a small dimple that can easily be remedied. The tips are rounded so there is no piercing or damaging of the wood when it is set on a pyramid. The holes you see in the sides not only lighten the pyramid but also give you finger holes to move or adjust the pyramid as needed.
Yes, you can make your own version of these and they will work about as well but these are well priced and will save you the hassle of making them. I have two sets that I put to use regularly so they won’t just sit on your shelf.

-- Sawing, sanding, scraping, cutting? Let Rockwell Sonicrafter do the job. http://rockwellsonicrafter.com & A more general blog at http://resay.org

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

996 posts in 1988 days

thanks for the review. i’ve used blunted nails set in boards but they do make a dimple. how do you fix the dimple, or even a mark. of course no one else will see the dimple but me, but i do obsess over it a bit.

-- God is Great, Wood is Good. nuff said.

109347 posts in 2079 days

I have some they work great.

View degoose's profile

degoose

So that’s what they are for I thought they were fancy chess pieces.

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

Is it true that if you put a penny under one of those it will turn into a quarter?

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

I have a bunch of these..bought them on sale at Woodcraft. They work great for oiling cutting boards. I also arrange them in a geometric pattern on the floor and meditate in the center!

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View hObOmOnk's profile

hObOmOnk

Almost as cheap as the way my Grandfather taught me:

Block of wood.
Drill hole.
Tap in a large nail so that it protrudes.
Round over nail point with file.

My current set of nail blocks is about ten years old.

-- 温故知新

View Occie gilliam's profile

Occie gilliam

I like it, but the nail is quicker, don.t you think

-- OC down in Costa Rica. come down and see me some time. I'll keep the light on for you too-oc@hotmail.com mail.com

View patron's profile

patron

i just use my pin shoter ,
and shoot them into a scrap piece ove ply ,
about 2’ wide , every 2” .
then cut ply to 2” long blocks .
and you have lots of them .

Nice review , but I can use the money elsewhere , especially in these times. I also do it like patron does . Quick and easy and lasts until …....I’ll let you know when mine wear out : )

-- When you arrive at my front door, please knock softly but firmly. I like soft , firm, knockers : )