The "All-Inclusive" book on the topic of dust control

Review by Durnik150 posted 1832 days ago 1135 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The "All-Inclusive" book on the topic of dust control No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Author: Sandor Nagyszalanczy
$14.93 at Amazon as of this writing

Ok, you’ve got to be getting pretty specific if you are looking at buying a book solely written about what is technically a huge vacuum cleaner! However, as woodworkers, we should all be concerned with doing it healthily for ourselves and anyone else in our shops. If you need this information it is a good thing that someone has compiled this book for you.

Sandor does a great job of taking this topic and logically covering dust collection. He considers your needs for a system ranging from a small shop-vac up to a huge, steel-ducted, multi-stage collector that runs to all of your machines.

I found several useful tips and recommendations in this book and will put the ideas to work in my own shop. If you have thought, “Dang I’m vacuuming a lot in here.” or, “Cough, cough, cough…Ewwww, what’s that?” you should really take a look at this book. It addresses a very specific issue realistically and seriously enough to be extremely thorough.

Highly recommended for anyone with more than a couple machines in the shop.

-- Behind the Bark is a lot of Heartwood----Charles, Centennial, CO

View Durnik150's profile

Durnik150

647 posts in 1906 days

View EricWrights's profile

EricWrights

I’ve had one. I’m giving 4/5 Stars on this book.

I innocently went on the www looking for info on dust control for my garage shop and found a huge amount of information. To sum up:

1. Woodshop dust should be avoided as it is surprisingly hazerdous and, of course, messy and hard to clean up.

2. Dust control is expensive.

3. There are different of opinion as to what equipment and techniques should be used.

This book is nicely done and sums up the most common dust control techniques. You can read this book, get some ideas and then search further for information pertaining to your own shop situation.

I knocked off a star because it was vague about controlling dust from small tools such as hand sanders.

If you like it, Amazon.com is on a free shipping offer which is nice.

$14.93 + Free Shipping

-- Sawing, sanding, scraping, cutting? Let Rockwell Sonicrafter do the job. http://rockwellsonicrafter.com & A more general blog at http://resay.org

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2353 posts in 2022 days

The amazon page lets you take a preview look at some of the book. It does look good. Also, the used books for this title on amazon start at $7 for used-good condition. When I’ve ordered books used from Amazon I’ve been very pleased that the condition was as stated.

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

I’ve got it and read it, good book. I just finished my dust control system with the help of it!

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

111999 posts in 2161 days

Another one to check out a half.com