Sometimz yu Donte spelz tings correktly...

Review by Brad_Nailor posted 07-04-2009 01:54 PM 1601 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sometimz yu Donte spelz tings correktly... Sometimz yu Donte spelz tings correktly... No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

OK…Take this with as many grains of salt as you need. Here is a great little device that lives in your IE browser that lets you spell check any text in any window on a web page. It’s free and easy to download and install. Once installed, you just right click and pick “check spelling” out of the menu. I have installed it on all the browsers/computers I own and I use it all the time, because I am a crappy speller. This add on works seamlessly, and is free. There are many places to download it from, you can do a search on IE spell check, or download it here, from Cnet.

To use it you just highlight the text you want to check (from one word to a whole paragraph..thats assuming you use punctuation) and right click and select check spelling. Be careful about what the replacement words are..I have been burned a few times when it replaced misspellings with words I didn’t want!

Get it!

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

#1 posted 07-04-2009 02:09 PM

David thanks for posting this. One of my pet peeves is about people being to lazy or uninformed about pushing the spell check button. My MS Internet Explorer 8 has the spell check built in and I use it all the time.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View Michael Clark's profile

Michael Clark

28 posts in 1977 days

#2 posted 07-04-2009 03:03 PM

Firefox has this built in. It just gets weird sometimes in words it sees, words it thinks you are trying to spell or it thinks a word should have a capital letter in it.

-- Sometimes... At night... My router tells me to do things to wood. Bad Things.

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2386 posts in 2090 days

#3 posted 07-04-2009 03:55 PM

My computer has spell check in all programs that have words. It’s built into the OS. Apple.

View Don K.'s profile

Don K.

1075 posts in 1979 days

#4 posted 07-04-2009 04:06 PM

David, You think you are a bad speller….Man I could not live with out my spell checker…my post would look like some type of weird alien language with out it.

-- Don S.E. OK

#5 posted 07-05-2009 02:04 AM

” being to lazy or uninformed ” …... to -too -two ...all spelled correctly , just being used incorrectly , which leads back to my signature…. LOL : )

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

#6 posted 07-05-2009 02:59 AM

Huh…I have been using IE 8 for a few weeks and I didn’t even realize it had a spell check…i just kept using this!

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#7 posted 01-20-2011 12:09 AM

I’m looking for a spell checker for Access 2003 … anyone heard of one? >grin< ... really!!

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View rivergirl's profile

rivergirl

#8 posted 01-20-2011 12:19 AM

That’s a nice tool however, no spell checker will correct improper usage of homonyms/homophones aka their, there, they’re.. etc. etc. Now, for the record, I am a terrific speller and probably the world’s biggest fanantic when it comes to proper spelling. BUT, these days I say if a guy can build great and beautiful things with wood to hell with spell check- at least here on L/j. Now for your buisness website.. that’s a different story.

-- Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."