4 years later for this workhorse

Review by Cato posted 06-26-2016 10:51 PM 4091 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
4 years later for this workhorse No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

First reviewed this saw a few months after getting it in March 2012.

4 years later and I am as happy today as when I first got the saw.

This saw runs smooth, is powerful, and is easy to maintain. The fence is true and stays accurate without needing adjustment, ever.

Modular blade guard that it shares with Powermatic is great.

Table top has been terrific and when I had to store the saw when we moved just a coat of WD specialist sprayed on it protected it from humidity and moisture and so no rust when I wiped it off when I got it into my new garage workshop. Nowdays even with the humid summer weather here in Virginia Beach, just a coat of paste wax every few weeks or so keeps it shiny and smooth.

One of the best parts of this saw is the blade shroud and 4 inch hose connected to the dust port. One of my deciding factors in the purchase was that I hated all the sawdust in sloped bottom saws as the gears and everything inside my previous saw meant a lot more maintenance to protect against buildup on the gears and such.
With the blade shroud and 4 inch hose to the dust port, I can see sawdust get sucked off the table top by the insert when I turn on the dust collector.
The inside of the saw stays really clean . I get very little dust inside the saw and only have to open up the access door every 2 months to give a quick sweep with the shop vac and in 4 years have only had to clean the gears once and even then there wasn’t any significant build up.

Yep it is a bit pricier than a lot of saws out there, but I still have am under the five year warranty until March 2017 and I have not yet needed to call Jet for anything so far.

A quality product in my opinion and a solid warranty to go with it. If I had to do it all over again I would in a heartbeat.

This saw is exactly what I had hoped it would be when I got it and still is.

View Cato's profile

Cato

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

3403 posts in 2075 days

#1 posted 06-27-2016 01:28 PM

I had one and I t was a great saw….it was solid and stayed in alignment. I was sad to sell it but decided to get a Sawstop.

View Cato's profile

Cato

#2 posted 06-27-2016 01:56 PM

Nice, Redoak, those look like a very well designed and well built saw.

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

#3 posted 06-28-2016 04:56 PM

I have an older Jet cabinet saw. I bought it new about 30 years ago and it has traveled from San Francisco, north to Redding to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In all that time, the only maintenance I have done on it was to replace a set of belts. Other than that, the saw runs flawlessly. I use it almost every day. I can stand a nickel on the top with the saw running. This saw is equal if not better than any other saw out there. I will never sell this saw or update it; there is nothing to update. I’m glad to see a more recent (4 year old saw) is still maintaining the quality of the older saws. The 5 year warranty reflects the companies confidence of it’s products.