2nd Joy upon my eyes

Review by Holbs posted 05-30-2016 08:20 PM 2624 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
2nd Joy upon my eyes No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This follows my “Wixey WR 550 remote planer readout review for my Jet 15””, but this review is for the the smaller Wixey WR 510 upon my Rigid 13” planer. Yes, I have two planers so need 2 Wixey’s! I’ve been using the WR510 for a year and loved it for it’s accuracy and ease. I almost only give it 4 stars because it does not use the popular AAA batteries it’s bigger cousin WR 550 uses but instead uses the lithium coin type of battery (not something you can easily pick up at 7-11). But eh…it’s just a battery.
It works, it’s great, loved it so much I bought the bigger cousin.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

1864 posts in 2024 days

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#1 posted 06-01-2016 12:48 AM

I love mine and mine does actually use 2 AAA batteries. I remember reading that the battery type went back and forth for some reason, but I’m glad it’s AAA. I also love the repeatability and accuracy. Thanks for the write-up.

View Bill_Steele's profile

Bill_Steele

#2 posted 06-06-2016 07:07 PM

I have one of these on my drum sander and it works great! Thanks for your post.