Oh the joy upon my eyes

Review by Holbs posted 05-30-2016 08:11 PM 3508 views 3 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Oh the joy upon my eyes Oh the joy upon my eyes Oh the joy upon my eyes Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this Wixey WR 550 for Christmas but just got around to installing in on my Jet 15” planer. I followed fellow LJ “jwisbey” for installation after reading his review. I did not have spare metric socket head bolts so had to go to Ace Hardware to grab a couple. Whalla. Easy installation and easy calibration. Verified with calipers. The first run was off by 0.003.
I originally purchased this because my eyes are starting to get old so the big numbers on the LCD screen help greatly. Also, I will not have to hunt down calipers and the repeatability is awesome.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter "xylokopos/ξυλοκὀπος"

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

2002 posts in 2226 days

1 comment so far

View mjheck's profile

mjheck

#1 posted 03-26-2017 01:18 AM

I installed the Wixey 550 on my Grizzly 15” planer today. I had bought the Wixey 510 a while back with the idea of installing it on this planer but found it to be more trouble than it was worth with all the brackets and other adjustments necessary to make it work. I sold the 510 and bought the 550 instead. Really simple installation without any need to make new parts. Drilled 6 small holes(with provided drill bits) and had it up and running pretty quickly. Did a little fine tuning and have it within .010. Highly recommend going this route.